Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thatjamaicanguy View Post
    he's 18 (i think)

thanks for the response
    He's 18? That might be his chronological age but his mental age is probably like 8 or something. He sounds like a waste of time if he is seriously trying to put you down like that.

Comment

Oh i have strong mind it is even strange that i have become a boxer i study electromagnetism, radio waves and so on i can even go into quantum mechanics and quantum electrodyanamics a bit.

Comment

I can think of some very clever but cowardly guys.

I can also think of some very brave fools.

Mental strength is the ability to overcome adversity when you or others dont think you can.

So your mate says you cant run fast......have the mental strength to do some extra running training, improve your times. You'll feel great for it.

So he calls you gay! If you are, no worries. If your not, set out to bag yourself a stunner of a girl. Training hard should give you a good athletic physique, the girls love that even if your no oil painting!!!
        Last edited by Sugarj; 01-29-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Yep laugh at him man .He just sounds like a we bit of a bully.Use his negatives to train harder and make yourself stronger. Train hard fight easy bro don't stop beleiving in yourself ever .When you stop beleiving they say your done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
            I can think of some very clever but cowardly guys.

I can also think of some very brave fools.

Mental strength is the ability to overcome adversity when you or others dont think you can.

So your mate says you cant run fast......have the mental strength to do some extra running training, improve your times. You'll feel great for it.

So he calls you gay! If you are, no worries. If your not, set out to bag yourself a stunner of a girl. Training hard should give you a good athletic physique, the girls love that even if your no oil painting!!!
            This. This and a half!!!
            My Dad used to say some mean stuff when he would help me recondition before Football season. Later I realized that he isn't trying to be an ass as much as giving me motivation. Most people find anger an exceptionally great motivation to press on. If that's not you, you might tell your friend that he isn't helping.
            Otherwise buck up a little. If I had a dollar for everytime someone called me gay.........my kids have called me gay which is kind of ironic.

Comment

A little while back, I was walking to the store with my girlfriend one night, being rather quiet and thinking to myself. She asks what I was thinking about. I looked at her and said "Well, honestly, I'm thinking if a southpaw stance from a self defense standpoint would be a tactically beneficial idea because it would be easier to slip the big right haymaker."

She chuckled and said, "Why would you move your head out of the way when you can just catch his punch in the air and put it up behind his back in an armlock so he cant punch you anymore?"

I looked at her with one of these O_o. Then I smiled, said "I love you" and kissed her on the forehead.

It was this night I learned one of my most important life lessons, "Most people are dumb as hell."

Think of the average person. Not that smart right? Now remember, half of the people in the world are even dumber then that. So what are the percentage chances of someone who is smart, knows what they are talking about, not lying just to upset you, and not doing it for any other reason, would give you the SOUND advice, that you are ugly slow and so forth?

You know better about yourself than anyone else. You are doing what is best for yourself. Don't ever listen to anyone else about something like that, because you are much more intelligent in that field.

My sparring partner once said that all the guys at the gym thought my fight was crap, and i barely got the decision, but I didn't deserve it and it was boring. I lost my heart, and stopped fighting for two years, worst mistake of my life.

Listen to yourself, do things for yourself, and remember, most people are dumb as hell.

Comment

my 2 cents

Originally posted by thatjamaicanguy View Post
                hey guys, we all know the mind is the most powerful weapon in the ring, regardless how fast your hands are, or how good your stamina is, or how toned your muscles are.

the mind is the most powerful thing in boxing

but right now, my mind is getting screwed from behind because of what my friend said to me today.

he said i was slow at running, he said i was gay, he said i was ugly and so on
                and i know that i'm a man, and i have to be tough, but sometimes when a Friend says something like what he said to me-it gets to me

and right now i don't feel like training at all after today even though i've been pretty consistent in the past week

i wanted your thoughts

u got friends that tell u negitive and positive things... ima keep this short... who cares??? they are not the ones taking punches in that ring! ur ugly, slow, and gay... ur good looking, fast, and straight... so what? the day my friends take punches for me in that ring is the day i start caring

Comment

Some good posts here!

Comment

what id do take it into the ring and give him a lesson
                    than quote him AM I SLOW, do i punch like a pansy just throw it back at him
                    or let it be and change your so called friend
                    dont let a guy like that get you down

Comment

Originally posted by iceman1 View Post
                      what id do take it into the ring and give him a lesson
                      than quote him AM I SLOW, do i punch like a pansy just throw it back at him
                      or let it be and change your so called friend
                      dont let a guy like that get you down
                      yeah, ali-terrell his ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X