No announcement yet.

Weak Mind = Weak boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak Mind = Weak boxer

hey guys, we all know the mind is the most powerful weapon in the ring, regardless how fast your hands are, or how good your stamina is, or how toned your muscles are.

the mind is the most powerful thing in boxing

but right now, my mind is getting screwed from behind because of what my friend said to me today.

he said i was slow at running, he said i was gay, he said i was ugly and so on

and i know that i'm a man, and i have to be tough, but sometimes when a Friend says something like what he said to me-it gets to me

and right now i don't feel like training at all after today even though i've been pretty consistent in the past week

i wanted your thoughts

Originally posted by thatjamaicanguy View Post
    hey guys, we all know the mind is the most powerful weapon in the ring, regardless how fast your hands are, or how good your stamina is, or how toned your muscles are.

the mind is the most powerful thing in boxing

but right now, my mind is getting screwed from behind because of what my friend said to me today.

he said i was slow at running, he said i was gay, he said i was ugly and so on

and i know that i'm a man, and i have to be tough, but sometimes when a Friend says something like what he said to me-it gets to me

and right now i don't feel like training at all after today even though i've been pretty consistent in the past week

i wanted your thoughts
    How old is he? Like 5 or something? Don't worry about him, he sounds like a moron. "you are gay" FFS

Comment

he's 18 (i think)

thanks for the response

Comment

"you're gay"

oopppppps

edit:sorry man but if that killed your motivation then boxing is not for you bro.

Comment

A strong mind is everything. If he is ****ing you up mentally, don't call him a friend.

Comment

i love boxing... nothing can stop me from loving it

it's not like i'm *****ing out on boxing, but i just feel like i got hit with something i didn't see coming today

Comment

Good post.

Hey, sometimes people criticize when they are jealous. He may be jealous of you.

By the way, he is not your friend. I learned the hard way about this.

I think you are younger if your friend is 18, I made the mistake of being friends with someone who didn't treat me like a friend back. HUGE mistake on my part.

I'm an athlete too, and when you get disrespected like that it will take a toll. I don't care even if they are joking. You gotta keep your mentality up bro. I looked back in my career and my whole downfall was a crushed mentality. Don't let anybody do this to you. I've been building it back up day by day, and the first things I did was get rid of people like your friend. It doesn't matter how trivial it is or what was meant by it, just the thoughtless nature of it would be enough.

It is good you brung it up because you have awareness, which I didn't have at your age.

Comment

If you can get over friend discouraging you, then you just improved you're mental strength Get over it and keep training.

Comment

Harden the **** up princess.

Comment

I can't say it better than Chessplayer did. But seriously, use it as a motivation, become stronger than him, faster and better. Don't let NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE tare you down mentally. Not that you should hit him, but ignore him and use your anger positive.

Comment

Working...
                    X