Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mars bar before training?

Mars bar before training?

Good or bad?

Sometimes i feel a bit sluggish and eat a mars bars 30 mins before training and am just wondering if this is a bad habit to get into?

Also of doing a long 10 mile + run i stick a mars mini bar in my pocker to eat half way.

Soooooooooo

Mars bar good or sh@te ? ? ?

Thanks in advance fellow posters.

just eat vector for breakfast and or eat a vector meal replacement energy bar

keep it real yo

Comment

Not really during a training period, because while it does provide energy it hinders you with your weight. Before a fight, yes, i often eat a small amount of chocolate about an hour before i fight.

Comment

kit kats are good too

Comment

why not a powerbar or a tigers milk bar?

Comment

they are not as filling

Comment

It's fine, but if you feel like you're not getting enough energy, just take six or seven Mars bars and put them on a plate. Microwave them for about a minute until they're soft. Pour maple syrup all over them and eat them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
                It's fine, but if you feel like you're not getting enough energy, just take six or seven Mars bars and put them on a plate. Microwave them for about a minute until they're soft. Pour maple syrup all over them and eat them.
                i was with you till the maple syrup

Comment

very bad idea imo. if u want something before a workout eat some fruit or a protein shake. a protein bar would be fine too, a candy bar not so much. u shouldnt eat mars bars at all, doing it before and even during a workout is a very bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bendigo View Post
                    Damn!!!!!

Talk about a sugar high - Even though that recommendation may sound good to the sugar fiend, I seroiously doubt it will help anyone during training.

I've been doing the following with great results for years:
                    16oz. High Protein Ensure & a granola bar. Very effective pre-training meal.

Comment

Working...
                    X