Purses for Saturday, someone should Fire Peter Nelson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by mike1010011 View Post
      Anyone care to explain why loma is getting paid so much?
      TR-Loma contract has a high guarantee. I don't see why he's actually worth that much though, and why Arum doesn't want to pay Walters as much as he pays Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Now it's time 2provide 4my family

He's making it seem like he's had an ATG Professional Career where he demands everything. I f;cking love RiGOD but got dammit man just fight the guy. You gonna get a **** ton anyway.

Comment

Make that money, Loma!
          Hopefully he keeps making more and more.
          Other fighters are getting paid 1 million+ per fight against lesser opponents.
          I don't feel bad because I have never complained about Haymon paying his fighters a lot of cash, so I can't feel guilty.

Also, Walters got offered more money than what Martinez is making.
          I don't blame Loma for making all he can each time out because the next opportunity is never a guarantee. That being said, I can certainly understand why Walters' stood his ground. It's gotta be frustrating to see another fighter with the same promoter as you being catered to so heavily.......

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
            TR-Loma contract has a high guarantee. I don't see why he's actually worth that much though, and why Arum doesn't want to pay Walters as much as he pays Loma.
            Why do you think Walters should make that much more than Rocky or Vargas for example? He's not more accomplished, not more exciting, doesnt bring a belt, and even a lesser draw

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
              That's a good question and it's probably because hbo is enamored him. He's a good fighter but he doesn't move the needle
              No, it's the deal he signed with top rank. He has a high minimum.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                Now it's time 2provide 4my family

He's making it seem like he's had an ATG Professional Career where he demands everything. I f;cking love RiGOD but got dammit man just fight the guy. You gonna get a **** ton anyway.
                No. He was talking about his career as an amateur. He fought a long time without making any money in Cuba. He's saying fighting for the fans is cool but I've done that. Now he needs to fight to provide for his family because he hasn't been fighting professionally long, hasn't made a lot of money and doesn't have much time left.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                  No, it's the deal he signed with top rank. He has a high minimum.
                  That's not hbo problem arum is the one that has to meet the minimum. HBO can choose what they pay for any fight
                  Ask my boy OnePunch

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    Why do you think Walters should make that much more than Rocky or Vargas for example? He's not more accomplished, not more exciting, doesnt bring a belt, and even a lesser draw
                    People don't think that. They thought he should've made as much as Lomachenko. Same promoter & Walters has headlined more cards. Lomachenko isn't even headlining this card. It's Verdejo and Martinez in New York the weekend of the Puerto Rican festival.

Comment

I like both and think Loma gets the nod in terms of amateur pedigree but he and Walters are about the same in terms of excitement. I don't follow ratings so I can't speak on their respective drawing power......however I doubt many people outside of real boxing fans know who either of them are.

Comment

Working...
                      X