No announcement yet.

Playing a bunch of Joe Louis fights on ESPN classic

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing a bunch of Joe Louis fights on ESPN classic

I caught the end of the Brion fight which I never saw.
    And now they are playing the Schmeling fight.
    The first one, senn that one a few times.

I have all those, but they are great to watch over and over. I used to watch that channel before ESPN took over, it was even better without the tickler across the bottom.

I know espn bought Bill Cayton's vast collection of fights, too bad they don't show more rare classics from their collection. If you watch the channel for a year, you won't see any different classics the next year. Just the same ones.

Comment

Man I wish I still had that channel, that used to be my favorite when they'd do marathons of Louis, Robinson, Ali, Tyson....sucks not having cable.

Comment

Yea they do play a lot of the same fights over and over.
        But it's nice to watch obviously.
        I'll watch any boxing when it's on.
        I hate how classic always plays poker and classic nascar....how is there classic nascar?

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
          I have all those, but they are great to watch over and over. I used to watch that channel before ESPN took over, it was even better without the tickler across the bottom.

I know espn bought Bill Cayton's vast collection of fights, too bad they don't show more rare classics from their collection. If you watch the channel for a year, you won't see any different classics the next year. Just the same ones.
          Agreed. To a certain extent I can understand not sharing all of the rare (and expensive) fights freely but surely it'd be a better idea than to lock up these great rare films behind closed doors and never give anyone a chance to see them.

Atleast Cayton/Jacobs sold rights to their films.
          Last edited by TheGreatA; 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Not that I am implying anything illegal, but the best part of these marathons is that you can get some really high quality fights to fill out your collections.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              Agreed. To a certain extent I can understand not sharing all of the rare (and expensive) fights freely but surely it'd be a better idea than to lock up these great rare films behind closed doors and never give anyone a chance to see them.

Atleast Cayton/Jacobs sold and gave people a chance to see them.

Well,you don't get ESPN Classic in Finland,so it's irrelevant...isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by donkim View Post
                Well,you don't get ESPN Classic in Finland,so it's irrelevant...isn't it?
                How is it irrelevant? ESPN have numerous boxing films among their collection that most people probably haven't even heard of. Since they're not willing to share them, atleast for the moment, no one will get to see them. Not me, not you, not anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                  How is it irrelevant? ESPN have numerous boxing films among their collection that most people probably haven't even heard of. Since they're not willing to share them, atleast for the moment, no one will get to see them. Not me, not you, not anybody.
                  Do you get ESPN, HBO, Showtime etc on Finland TV?

Comment

Originally posted by .SOUTHPAW16BF. View Post
                    Do you get ESPN, HBO, Showtime etc on Finland TV?
                    It's possible to order ESPN America/Europe & Showtime Scandinavia.

Many HBO series are shown on Finnish TV but I'm not too sure if it can be ordered here. Not as far as I know.
                    Last edited by TheGreatA; 01-25-2010, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X