Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it take Ward losing to Kovalev at 75 and moving back to 68 for GGG to fight him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Agree & in general I'm not a huge fan of guys going up & down. I think its bad for your body to do that. I still wished Ward had moved up to fight Dawson instead of making Dawson come down. At least it shoulda been a catchweight fight.

What do you mean by GGG waiting out Ward in the same way Canelo is doing to him? I see GBP wanting to make a 55/45, 60/40 fight into a 70/30, 75/25 fight in a year or two with GGG being 35, 36 when they fight him, but Ward is younger than GGG so how is GGG waiting out Ward? In weight? If its weight I'd assume he's more or less done that with Ward moving up to fight Kovalev & compete at 175.
    I am not as optimistic as you that the Canelo fight will happen.

Maybe I should use another term. By waiting out I think GGG will fight Ward late like ODH fought Floyd when a bad loss earlier would have take awaysomewhat from his earning potential.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I am not as optimistic as you that the Canelo fight will happen.
      To clarify I'm not so much optimistic it definitely happening as I am that GBP's strategy is just to make a winnable fight today much more winnable in 18mos+ from now when GGG has gotten a lil older/ring worn & Canelo has gotten better & eased more into his prime years, but sure if GGG loses between now & then it'll be all the easier to avoid him completely at that point so I could easily see it not happening.

Maybe I should use another term. By waiting out I think GGG will fight Ward late like ODH fought Floyd when a bad loss earlier would have take awaysomewhat from his earning potential.
      Alright I got you. Thats an often used strategy by boxers/managers/promoters it seems like. Guard your 0 as long as possible & then once its gone fight murderers row opponents-wise caring more about purses than winning.
      Last edited by Eff Pandas; 09-13-2016, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X