Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Berto Putting in Hard Work For Victor Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Berto Putting in Hard Work For Victor Ortiz

Berto is a former amateur standout and Olympian for his native Haiti. He challenged now-retired pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather in September. The offensive-minded Berto always makes for sensational scraps as his 2012 slugfest with Robert Guerrero was another Fight of the Year candidate. The 32-year-old thrilled in his PBC debut last March when he stopped Josesito Lopez in the sixth round of their welterweight showdown.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Another recycled fight that means nothing to boxing fans.. Boxings needs help really..

Comment

c+ level fighters

Comment

This is a bum fight with two bum fighters. They are both washed up at this point. Doesn't mean I won't watch the fight but it won't be something that I am going to get excited about.

Comment

I want to get excited for this....but ortiz has dropped the ball so much lately...don't feel like he should be main eventing any card right now.....he's checked him self out of like 5 fights by now...whatever I'm watching, I'm a hardcore

Comment

Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
            Another recycled fight that means nothing to boxing fans.. Boxings needs help really..
            Speak for yourself. This is a great fight.

Some fan you are. A rematch isn't a recycled fight.

There is alot to get excited about here, and the fact that it headlines a PBC card is huge, this is a very fan friendly fight.

Originally posted by Unknown Champ View Post
            c+ level fighters
            Ortiz yes, Berto is a B level fighter at worst.
            Originally posted by mathed View Post
            This is a bum fight with two bum fighters. They are both washed up at this point. Doesn't mean I won't watch the fight but it won't be something that I am going to get excited about.
            Ortiz is a fringe bum, Berto is not. Neither is washed up either.

I get that as far as contention goes and career momentum there aren't major implications, but how can you not get excited for this rematch? This is going to be a slugfest, I see no better way to spend the evening, and I don't even like Ortiz, but this is about as sure a barnburner as it gets, and as a boxing fan that gets me fired up!

Comment

Floyd ruined Berto, ended his career, he should retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazylegs77 View Post
                Floyd ruined Berto, ended his career, he should retire.
                Nah man, Berto beat Floyd's ass.

Comment

Ortiz better get someone like Heredia coz berto is gonna show up all doped up to even the fields

its gonna be an entertaining fight but lets face it both are garbage fighters

Comment

ortiz getting knocked out again. dude is done. feather fisted collazo even put him out.

he should stick to acting or rapping or whatever the **** he does. He didnt have a lot of brains to start out with, getting KOed over and over is only going to make it worse.

Comment

Working...
                    X