Collapse
No announcement yet.

shane mosley vs jmm @ 135

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think they matchup well stylistically. a big puncher with fast hands vs a crafty vet in a 135 JMM. I think these fights would be close wars with mosley knocking down jmm but getting out boxed when he tries to finish him off.

Comment

It's weird when people say jmm "would be stopped" or "will be stopped"...he's never been ko'd. Not saying it's impossible, but you guys who say that... Based on what? The dude always gets up, and always sets a trap.

Comment

Originally posted by Mneronava View Post
        It's weird when people say jmm "would be stopped" or "will be stopped"...he's never been ko'd. Not saying it's impossible, but you guys who say that... Based on what? The dude always gets up, and always sets a trap.
        exactly... hes been hit by bombs and still hasnt been koed

Comment

probably go with mosley by UD...if they fought at welterweight and if marquez had heredia then i would pick marquez by KO...

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
            probably go with mosley by UD...if they fought at welterweight and if marquez had heredia then i would pick marquez by KO...
            Then make it fair and it's EPO Shane lol.

2001 147 Shane beats any version of Marquez imo.

Also...maybe it's just me but..I think Shane overplayed the Pac KD..I think he was looking for a way out..

Shane has taken insane punches throughout his career and kept going. Atg chin. I think the fight plays out similar to floyd vs jmm. Sure different styles but the size/speed/power would be too much in tandem with Shane's skill. JMM gets overwhelmed I feel. Marquez tends to get hurt by the left hook and Shane had a vicious one. Especially the lead left hook.

Comment

Shane Mosley wins...this was prime Shane Mosley. We're talking 135 Marquez, the Marquez who fought a FOTY with Juan Diaz and took some punches against Katsidis. Mosley in 1994 at 22 years old was getting used by Julio Cesar Chavez to spar for Meldrick Taylor, footage shows a young, skinny, Shane Mosley getting the best of JCC with his handspeed.

If you want to get more detailed...prime Shane all the way to past prime late 2000s Shane would probably never lose to a guy of Marquez's style, especially not one who he's BIGGER than, much bigger. It's no secret that Mosley's greatest performances came against the best Mexican fighters he's faced, DLH in 2000, Vargas in 2006, Margarito in 2009. Marquez would just end up in that list, and I love JMM. Shane at 5' 9" with his power, speed and reach would beat Marquez at 135 all the way to 147. A bit off topic: Actually, I don't doubt for one second that the CURRENT retired Shane Mosley would all of a sudden look young again against JMM at 147.

Comment

Mosley was everything Juan Diaz was X10000000 and Juan dragged Marquez through hell. Whenever I see Marquez get rocked with hooks I shudder at the damage Oscar, Mosley or Chavez would have done at 135.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Shane Mosley wins...this was prime Shane Mosley. We're talking 135 Marquez, the Marquez who fought a FOTY with Juan Diaz and took some punches against Katsidis. Mosley in 1994 at 22 years old was getting used by Julio Cesar Chavez to spar for Meldrick Taylor, footage shows a young, skinny, Shane Mosley getting the best of JCC with his handspeed.

If you want to get more detailed...prime Shane all the way to past prime late 2000s Shane would probably never lose to a guy of Marquez's style, especially not one who he's BIGGER than, much bigger. It's no secret that Mosley's greatest performances came against the best Mexican fighters he's faced, DLH in 2000, Vargas in 2006, Margarito in 2009. Marquez would just end up in that list, and I love JMM. Shane at 5' 9" with his power, speed and reach would beat Marquez at 135 all the way to 147. A bit off topic: Actually, I don't doubt for one second that the CURRENT retired Shane Mosley would all of a sudden look young again against JMM at 147.
                  he was on EPO.......so all his wins are suspect

Comment

jmm's best win at 135 was against diaz, and the guy wasn't really that good. mosley was a beast at 135. he would brutalize jmm into a tko

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                      jmm's best win at 135 was against diaz, and the guy wasn't really that good. mosley was a beast at 135. he would brutalize jmm into a tko
                      he was a "beast" because most of his title defenses and fights in that division were against unranked nobodies. Had he fought some top fighters at LW he wouldn't have looked that great.

Comment

Working...
                      X