Billy Joe Saunders - Britain's next superstar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Joe Saunders - Britain's next superstar

Kid is something special.

Dismantled Pryce by completely outboxing him, never looked in trouble as Pryce could barely hit him. He's got fast hands and a good punch variety, haven't seen his power properly yet. He practically beat Pryce with one hand and looked quite comfortable going the 12 round distance. He showed that he's capable of standing off and boxing very well with the ability to jump on the opponent and throw fast in his arsenal.

This was him last year, he's improved since;

He's still only 22.

I like the look of him a lot and has impressed many times in his career so far.

I'm sure he will be World Champion in a couple of years.

Comment

Go back through my old posts ,i have said it from day one,Billy Joe for me was best of all the Olympians
      The Gypsy boy can fight and hes getting better every time out ,and hes got imo the best trainer suited for his style .
      His Future is bright .

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        I don't know if he's going to be superstar, but he definitely can fight. Him and Kell Brook are two best British prospects, both are going to be world champions without a doubt.
        I don't believe he's going to be a superstar like Hatton.

But I had to think of something to put in the title.

Comment

There's a long way to go for him yet, but I hope he makes it, he's got a great style to watch, and he always comes across as a decent lad. Best of luck to him, I'm looking forward to his next few fights immensely.

Comment

Love watching Billy Joe fight. He brings the excitement and seems to improve on every outing.

Comment

He's definitely the best prospect we have. Kid really looks like he's got it all.

But whether he has the personality to really become Britain's next superstar remains to be seen.

Comment

For him to be a star in the US they need to play up the 'Snatch' angle. I have that film mentioned to me on a weekly basis (at least). Americans Love people who were mistreated by "Brits". If he can play that angle he'll do well. Well, I think he'll do well anyway but I'd play that up Stateside if I were his management.

For the record I can't see ANY fighter doing as well as Hatton in the US. He had all the ingredients. Blood, punch power, man of the people, exciting style - and most of all, he had matinee movie idol looks.

Comment

He looks good but frank really needs to step up the opposition. I'd like to see him a light middle to see how he looks as well, he just doesnt look very big at middle.

Comment

He's listed at 5ft11 and at only 22 he's still developing, think he might end up being a solid middleweight.

Wish he had someone like Ariza on these shores.

Comment

Working...
                    X