Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khan's Last Opponent (Algieri) Was Better Than EVERY 147 Belt-Holders Last Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
    Mayweather (although now allegedly retired) last fought Andre Berto.

Bradley last fought Brandon Rios.

Thurman (if you count the belt) last fought Luis Collazo.

Brook (if you count the belt) last fought Frankie Gavin!

Khan last fought Chris Algieri.

Chris Algieri beats Berto, Rios, Collazo and obviously Gavin.

So essentially, it goes without saying at this point, Khan's last opponent was superior to the last opponents of every welterweight title holder. Every single one.

So there we have it.
    "bbbbut I hate Khan, can I not have another reason to try and discredit Khan and give every title holder credit" - Haters, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
      Who has chris algeiri ever beaten?

ruslan? That ain't saying much considering many people felt he lost.

Algeri is a espn fighter who got a razor close decision in a title fight against provodnikov.

he never even made a defense of the title.

Algeri is just another guy, and every since 2012 so is khan

Diaz
      Molina
      Collazo
      Alexander
      Algieri

just ain't good enough for a guy who believes he is elite
      So basically you're saying there are no elite welterweight fighters in the division right now except from Pacquiao, damn...
      Well I agree, I don't think the welterweight division is all that its being made out to be I think they hyped it up to make Floyd look better.

Comment

Well i do agree on the OP's point. Algieri is the better of the fighters on that list for me.

The guys at WW just aren't facing each other. Or tough competition in general really.

Thurman/Porter and Pacquiao/Bradley coming up will kick start that trend hopefully.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          That's beyond ******ed.

How can the belt "cancel" because he fights his mandatories?
          You inadvertently reinforced my original point further since it only demonstrates the so-called "mandatory" positions are sometimes entirely dictated by promoters, they can be bought and sold. All manner of no-hopers can achieve a "mandatory" status if the money and persuasion is there as we clearly see in the Brook example of fighting 2 low level bums back to back for a supposed "world title".

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
            Mayweather (although now allegedly retired) last fought Andre Berto.

Bradley last fought Brandon Rios.

Thurman (if you count the belt) last fought Luis Collazo.

Brook (if you count the belt) last fought Frankie Gavin!

Khan last fought Chris Algieri.

Chris Algieri beats Berto, Rios, Collazo and obviously Gavin.

So essentially, it goes without saying at this point, Khan's last opponent was superior to the last opponents of every welterweight title holder. Every single one.

So there we have it.
            Well on paper, Rios was the better opponent. For the sake of argument lets just say you're right. You could also say he looked the worst out of the group in his performance. Algeri also capitalized on one of Khan's biggest flaws. Khan seems to have no ability to adjust when someone is doing something unexpected.

Comment

Working...
            X