Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares: Canelo's Big Mistake, Trying To Box Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree , Why they did not show Canelo the Kiko Martinez vs Jhonatan Romero fight?

Comment

People on here saying Canelo fought well...ok..now you have a weight and power advantage and the opponent backs up to the ropes...Do you? A. Throw a few combo hooks to the body..smother..do it again? Or B. Do you take three steps back and reset?

Therein lays why the kid looked bad. Cotto pressured Floyd and made Floyd have to leave himself a bit more open in the middle of the ring to win the rounds. Canelo wanted to fight in the middle of the ring the whole time. If someone is faster than you beating up the body slows them down some..The brute advantage he has is nulled in the center of the ring. He can't use his weight to tire the other man out in the center of the ring. He may have boxed decently but he messed up by not using his advantages when he had them. It was truly frustrating to see him back off Mayweather when he had him on the ropes because anyone giving him a chance knew if it came it would happen on the ropes. Mayweather is not a fighter you want fresh all 12 rounds..he boxed brilliantly and beat up his opponent because his opponent allowed him to. Will we see a rematch? Possibly, but the young man needs some new trainers and a full time S&C coach.
      Last edited by turnedup; 09-16-2013, 09:31 PM.
      GucciGod GucciGod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by newcastleking View Post
        Floyd did win but he didnt totally dominate or school Alvarez at all, Canelo had him flinching and missing as well. Everyone else that stood toe to toe with floyd got socked up all night and outclassed. Alvarez deserves some respect for chess boxing floyd and didnt get beat up. yes floyd is great and yes he won butyou cats are blind sayin alvarez got dominayed and schooled
        idk wth some of you ppl saw lol smdh, tell me 1 round Canelo won. wth is that suppose to mean because floyd was flinching (reacting to faints and getting ready to counter)? Floyd was popping Canelo with his jab all night long, if anything he just didn't put a lot of combo's together. Canelo looked his best ever to me, he looked in better condition than the trout fight, he looked quicker, but just not enough for Floyd.That was absolutely a lesson from the Master.

Comment

I agree, Canelo said it himself, Floyd was just more intelligent then him and he could not find a way to land a punch that could make a difference....

Floyd is a tough umbre, he took a body pounding and held a poker face giving zero credit to Canelo's work...

I will add that, after watching the fight 4 times, I can kind of see why CJ Ross had it close but not too the point of a tie...

After review, I saw Floyd up by 3 rounds, it was a competitive fight but Floyd made the bigger man miss allot...

I'd be surprised if Floyd accepted to face this guy again cause he knows he could get Pacquiao'd and he even said it indirectly...

Comment

Canelo ain't $h1t and whoever is praising or excusing him for this fight is either a blind man or in denial, the kid is going to get beat up worse if he ever fight a top JMW-MW, like I say he is nothing, only looks, I told everyone that want it to heard, the gomez, hattons and lopez of the world will not prepared you for a fight against this guy, or any top contender like Lara, Angulo or Kirkland, he looked like $h1t against Trout, the open score help him a lot...

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              People on here saying Canelo fought well...ok..now you have a weight and power advantage and the opponent backs up to the ropes...Do you? A. Throw a few combo hooks to the body..smother..do it again? Or B. Do you take three steps back and reset?

Therein lays why the kid looked bad. Cotto pressured Floyd and made Floyd have to leave himself a bit more open in the middle of the ring to win the rounds. Canelo wanted to fight in the middle of the ring the whole time. If someone is faster than you beating up the body slows them down some..The brute advantage he has is nulled in the center of the ring. He can't use his weight to tire the other man out in the center of the ring. He may have boxed decently but he messed up by not using his advantages when he had them. It was truly frustrating to see him back off Mayweather when he had him on the ropes because anyone giving him a chance knew if it came it would happen on the ropes. Mayweather is not a fighter you want fresh all 12 rounds..he boxed brilliantly and beat up his opponent because his opponent allowed him to. Will we see a rematch? Possibly, but the young man needs some new trainers and a full time S&C coach.
              A.....Im pretty sure its frustrating af If you can't land any clean meaningful punches like you're accustomed to. Canelo should've let his hands go each and every time floyd went to the ropes and I mean atleast 10 punches and then not allowing Floyd to get out instead of throwing 4 or 5 and only landing 1 if that and not cutting Floyd off. Canelo should've tried his best to make the fight ugly, throw his shoulders at Floyd more, more of the choke holds lol smh, double/triple jabn or clinching and moving Floyd to the ropes, any and everything to make it ugly and try to stay on the inside digging at the body and outworking floyd AND then just move and let Floyd chase him for a good minute of each round. I don't think we'll see a rematch.

Comment

Canelo needs Nacho in his corner. He fought well even though he fought the wrong style against Floyd. Floyd never lookd in total control, he did not look comfortable in there and that's why the fight was kinda boring, I expected more action from both.

I really believe that Canelo can beat Mayweather if he gets Nacho in his corner and they fight a different style and of course make the fight at 154lbs.

Comment

Canelo won't take these words too kindly. We know he likes beating up little guys so prepare yourself for Canelo-Mares in 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Why is anyone surprised? Canelo fought the only way he could
                    Couldn't be he fought the way Floyd allowed him to fight could it !

Fighting Floyd is different , he is always telling everybody its different in there when they face me , Canelo is not just going to widely start throwing punches and barging in like Hatton because Floyd will take his inside game away and eventually he will tire and then its over , he must work in with something real , and the moment he gets countered with something and misses with something that he has hit everybody else with ,,,,,,,

You know what happens then , the brain goes oh sht , and the moment Canelo starts to think and second guess its game over !

Floyd shuts down every fighter he has faced to their career lowest output , its because he makes them think and he don't he reacts instinctively so he is always there first and gone first .

You think its because they have the wrong game plan lol , they find out in a few minutes they don't have a game plan just frustration and no answers .
                    Last edited by Reloaded; 09-16-2013, 10:09 PM.

Comment

100% agree. Why do people insist on thinking they can 't outbox Floyd in the center of the ring? That should NEVER be a part of the game plan, if it is, it should only be in brief moments as to not allow Floyd to figure you out.

These guys think they are going to time him or something and they always lose. You need to pressure and trap him, don't give him either time or space.

Comment

Working...
                      X