Egyptian blogger poses naked

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egyptian blogger poses naked

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/19/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

After my photo was removed from Facebook, a male friend of mine asked me if he may post it on Twitter. I accepted because I am not shy of being a woman in a society where women are nothing but sex objects harassed on a daily basis by men who know nothing about sex or the importance of a woman.
    CNN: What do you think about the forced virginity tests performed by the Egyptian military on more than a dozen girls arrested in Tahrir Square?
    Elmahdy: I consider this rape. Those men in the military who conducted these tests should be punished for allowing this to happen without the consent of the girls in the first place. Instead, the girls walk around feeling the shame and most of them are forced to remain silent.
    She is a hero IMO and incredibly brave for taking that stance in a country like Egypt. I am hopeful there are more women like her who are willing to take a stance against the abuse women go through in that part of the world.

Saw this last week, she could be killed for that. Don't be surprised if she ends up dead.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
      Saw this last week, she could be killed for that. Don't be surprised if she ends up dead.
      That's what makes her even more of a hero and braver than most men in this world. It's easy to do something when there are no consequences but to do it in that part of the world takes a lot of guts.

She's a real brave human being.

Comment

What is this virginity test?

But she's playing with fire. Just showing your hair or elbows over there can justify a stoning.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          What is this virginity test?

But she's playing with fire. Just showing your hair or elbows over there can justify a stoning.
          They literally stick something up the woman's vagina to see if her hymen is still attached. It's basically rape.....

It's been happening all over the Middle East in these uprisings. Reported and blogged about by the people themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
            That's what makes her even more of a hero and braver than most men in this world. It's easy to do something when there are no consequences but to do it in that part of the world takes a lot of guts.

Maybe its guts. Maybe she's crazy.

A white boy walks into a hip hop club and starts going off on everyone and any one, nigga this nigga that, nigga get me a drink now! Guts?

Comment

They literally stick something up the woman's vagina to see if her hymen is still attached. It's basically rape.....

It's been happening all over the Middle East in these uprisings. Reported and blogged about by the people themselves.
              Thats what i thought it was. What happens if you fail this test?

Comment

Some would say brave, some would say stupid. Seems like a martyr to me

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                  Maybe its guts. Maybe she's crazy.

A white boy walks into a hip hop club and starts going off on everyone and any one, nigga this nigga that, nigga get me a drink now! Guts?
                  Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Some would say brave, some would say stupid. Seems like a martyr to me
                  There's a difference between a "white boy coming to a hip hop club" and what she is doing...lol

She is literally doing something that is having an impact on a mentality that has been in place for thousands of years.

She is not crazy, she is not stupid, she is brave. It takes one person to start a revolution as we have seen in history. Like Emiliano Zapata said, "There can be no revolution without guns and blood"

He was very right.

Comment

There's a difference between a "white boy coming to a hip hop club" and what she is doing...lol

She is literally doing something that is having an impact on a mentality that has been in place for thousands of years.

She is not crazy, she is not stupid, she is brave. It takes one person to start a revolution as we have seen in history. Like Emiliano Zapata said, "There can be no revolution without guns and blood"

He was very right.
                    I dont know. Its just a case where she put her life in danger in a place where you are killed for these kinds of things. Like i said she sounds like a martyr to me

Another thing that confused me is this statement in the dialogue; "I do practice safe sex but I don't take pills because I am against abortion."

Im guessing that safe sex means condoms in this case but its obvious that she is very misinformed. Birth control pills are not a method of abortion, but prevention.

Comment

Working...
                    X