No announcement yet.

Merchant was horrible tonight.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merchant was horrible tonight.

His questions were long and drawn out as usual, but they were also repetitive. He asked 2 and 3 questions regarding the same topic tonight. I also thought the way he brought up Katsidis brother was a bit tasteless given that he had just pasted away 40 days ago. He could had said "your performance was one that your brother would have been proud of". Instead, Merchant goes and asks him if he thought his brother would have been proud of his performance.

I am a lifelong fan of Merchant, but after tonights interview I think HBO should think about passing the torch to Kellerman for good.

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    His questions were long and drawn out as usual, but they were also repetitive. He asked 2 and 3 questions regarding the same topic tonight. I also thought the way he brought up Katsidis brother was a bit tasteless given that he had just pasted away 40 days ago. He could had said "your performance was one that your brother would have been proud of". Instead, Merchant goes and asks him if he thought his brother would have been proud of his performance.

I am a lifelong fan of Merchant, but after tonights interview I think HBO should think about passing the torch to Kellerman for good.
    Yea man, that was not a good thing to do at all man. Heart goes out to Katsidis, that interview was very touching.

Comment

as the fights ending before the offical announcement of the TKO for Marquez he brings up Litzau. WTF?

And then the mention of Saul Alvarez against Pacquiao. WTF?

He was way off tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
        Yea man, that was not a good thing to do at all man. Heart goes out to Katsidis, that interview was very touching.
        He brings up Katsidis bro, then cuts Katsidis off as he's speaking about him.

Comment

If Merchant was going to bring up Stathi K., he should have done it at the start of the interview and put it to him like you said it.

Merchant is the prick who ate Cleveland, though, and a total poison-dwarf, so you can't expect better.

Just to put the boot in, Merchant's pre-fight thoughts are often hideous with his turn of phrase and awful metaphors.

Comment

I know what Kas means. Although he didn't get to literally say much, Mike's expression said everything.

Pretty moving/humbling.

Comment

Yah I noticed that too, stupid really.

Comment

Working...
              X