Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by javelin_fangs View Post
    Lol...yeah Castillo beat Mayweather the same way Diaz beat Malignaggi...lol

put that in your pipe and smoke it.
    He didn't say that. You want people to be "honest" unless its something you disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post
      I used to love how whenever HBO would review the judges prior to the decision for a particular fight, if say Duane Ford's name came up, he would be introduced by Lampley as "one of five out of the six judges judges who had Jermain Taylor defeating Bernard Hopkins..."
      haha ye i remember hearing that
      they do the same thing with the pac-jmm judges also

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        He didn't say that. You want people to be "honest" unless its something you disagree with.
        Pff that's the problem bro; he opens a thread and waits untill we give our opinion and when we give it he starts complaining;

this guy has some issues .

Comment

I'll be honest - when I scored De La Hoya-Sturm, I was robbing Sturm blind on purpose because I can't stand the protected Bozzie twat.

Everyone knows Oskie did lose that match, but it was soooooooooo much fun seeing him get a robbery over someone for a change. :laff2:

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
            there will always be those who cry robbery at every opportunity and you are clearly one of them
            whatever you say wont change the result,so i suggest you let it go mate
            Clearly? Dude you've never spoke about boxing with me before? What gives you the idea that you know what I would think about a robbery?

The fact of the matter is you're making the argument that Taylor outboxed arguably the best middleweight of the last 40 years or so. You know that's what you're saying right?

Now, let's take this a step further...you saw the fights right? They were highly technical fights not brawls. So, if Taylor won that means he had to have outboxed Hopkins, right? I could see if he just pushed Hopkins back and landed a lot of punches, but that's not what happened. Both fights were very technical. If he won then that mean you think he outboxed the best middleweight since Ray Robinson.

Now, how do you go from outboxing Hopkins to not being able to outbox either Pavlik or Froch??? Answer me that and I'll grant you this debate. If you can't, then just remember that you can't make blanket statements about me because you've never talked to me before in your life.

Comment

Clearly? Dude you've never spoke about boxing with me before? What gives you the idea that you know what I would think about a robbery?

The fact of the matter is you're making the argument that Taylor outboxed arguably the best middleweight of the last 40 years or so. You know that's what you're saying right?

Now, let's take this a step further...you saw the fights right? They were highly technical fights not brawls. So, if Taylor won that means he had to have outboxed Hopkins, right? I could see if he just pushed Hopkins back and landed a lot of punches, but that's not what happened. Both fights were very technical. If he won then that mean you think he outboxed the best middleweight since Ray Robinson.

Now, how do you go from outboxing Hopkins to not being able to outbox either Pavlik or Froch??? Answer me that and I'll grant you this debate. If you can't, then just remember that you can't make blanket statements about me because you've never talked to me before in your life.

im not hear too explain things too people
              you need too get over it,that fight was ages ago
              taylor beat hopkins

Comment

how do you go from outboxing Hopkins to not being able to outbox either Pavlik or Froch???
                Froch was outboxed, though. And the second Pavlik fight could only realistically have been 115-113 either way, or preferably a draw (which I had). In the latter, he did indeed outbox Pavlik most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  Froch was outboxed, though. And the second Pavlik fight could only have been 115-113 either way, or preferably a draw (which I had). In the latter, he did indeed outbox Pavlik most of the time.
                  he hasnt worked out the styles make fights concept yet

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
                    he hasnt worked out the styles make fights concept yet
                    I'm not even making mention of that in this case - in the 2 aforementioned fights, Taylor simply outboxed his opponent on both occasions. Where style comes into it is subjective, but surely anyone with a brain can see how well he did in those fights until he gassed out.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      Lol...nice to see you back to getting involved in everything I say about Mayweather again.

I'm talking about a very specific situation. I wouldn't have expected you to have picked up upon anything that involves nuance or subtleties.

I'm talking about three situations where an up and coming "face of boxing" type fighter supposedly beat a Hall of Fame calibre boxer in highly technical fights. That, in and of itself, means they would have had to have outboxed those great boxers. If you're that great of a boxer you don't get outboxed during your prime. You don't get KO'd in fights that you're outboxing a limited slugger. It doesn't happen throughout the history of boxing.

If we're honest and admit that Taylor didn't outbox Hopkins then it makes sense that he proved to be a disappointing fighter.

Even if we thought Castillo beat Mayweather, that had a little two way action down the stretch and Castillo was a hall of famer. But answer me this, how did you have that fight scored through five rounds? Also, remember Castillo was deducted a points. That's 6 points Mayweather's way right there. Castillo probably won 4 (maybe 5 of the last 7 rounds, but that's just not enough).

Comment

Working...
                      X