Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Collins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same guy that retired rather then face the wrath that was Joe!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
      Same guy that retired rather then face the wrath that was Joe!!!
      yes Collins fought Eubank, Benn and McCallum and signed to fiight Joe but suddenly got the fear of another fighter. I know u dont believe that. He collapsed during sparing and doctors told him that he could die if he fought again. Collins would take on any man.

The only thing Collins was afraid of was the grim reaper. and if he didnt have a scythe he probably would have taken him on too.
      Last edited by gingeralbino; 07-26-2009, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post

The only thing Collins was afraid of was the grim reaper. and if he didnt have a scythe he probably would have taken him on too.
        So he was scared of Robin Reid?

Im saying its known between the circles of the Boxing world (Chitty Chat)
        That Collins was scared of Joe and did all things to avoid the man..

I dont rate his Benn win and Eubank was a mental mess by then..
        Not knocking the man shame he could'nt of fought them in there primes
        i like Collins i have most of his big fights but he wasnt anything special in my eyes bar having a chin like concrete....

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
          So he was scared of Robin Reid?

Im saying its known between the circles of the Boxing world (Chitty Chat)
          That Collins was scared of Joe and did all things to avoid the man..

I dont rate his Benn win and Eubank was a mental mess by then..
          Not knocking the man shame he could'nt of fought them in there primes
          i like Collins i have most of his big fights but he wasnt anything special in my eyes bar having a chin like concrete....
          i didnt claim he was SRR, but to say he was scared of Joe is border line insane.
          Look at the punchers he fought and he was scared of Joe? He chased Jones Jnr forever. At the end he said money didnt even matter, he just wanted to fight him (Jones). Joe was a nobody then.

He signed to fight him and pulled out due to medical advice. Would u have preferred a third serious injury in that group of MW./SMWs?
          Dont u think that what happened to Watson and McClellan might have been on his mind when the doctor told him me might die if he fought again?

Comment

oh and eubank was unbeaten. Just cos he wasnt trying to finish people of doesnt mean he wasnt trying to win. he beat 12 and drew with 2 after watson. he didnt suddenly turn ****

Comment

collins fought mike mccallum but was scared of joe calzaghe

Comment

on a personal level dont like that man, and think he is a pice of ****. but decent fighter in his day! calzaghe would of ****ed him up do!

Comment

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
                  on a personal level dont like that man, and think he is a pice of ****. but decent fighter in his day! calzaghe would of ****ed him up do!
                  that version of Calz wasnt as good.
                  Prime for Prime Joe wins . I'm a fan of both, but I think in 1997 (when it was meant to take place the 1st time when Collins retired) Collins wins. Collins was towards the end of his career, but he was a late bloomer. He would have won pretty easily.
                  In 1999 when he announced his comeback and signed to fight Joe, who knows what the layoff would have done, but I'd still favour him over that version of Calz.

Comment

Originally posted by St Lion View Post
                    Co Sign...Fact was he beat Greats when they wasnt so great..

I rate Collins but not that much..Jones Jnr would of hurt him bad

Comment

Lol, Collins would murder Calzaghe! No question who'd win. Ok, maybe not murder, but certainly beat in convincing fashion. I'd loved to see him against Kessler, that would be a great test for Celtic Warrior. And you Eubank fan, quit fooling yourself, there was nothing wrong with Eubank, he lost to a better man.

Chris Eubank was always a bit overated imo. He lost to Ray Close and got away with a draw. Another tough (Northern) Irish fighter, but who never fulfilled his potential. Benn also beat Eubank in the second fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X