Heriberto Ruiz Dominates Rey Bautista Over Eight Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
    Yup

I think Tackie will beat him, Matthew Hatton really isn't any good IMO. He only gets any attention because he's Rickys brother.
    after this fight is hatton/malignaggy ?

Comment

Originally posted by IronMike_19 View Post
      after this fight is hatton/malignaggy ?
      No, Vera Vs Kirkland is on after this then Hatton-Malignaggi, I think.

Comment

Heriberto Ruiz Dominates Rey Bautista Over Eight Rounds

On the undercard to Ricky Hatton-Paulie Malignaggi at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Heriberto Ruiz (40-7-2, 23 KOs) dominated Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista (26-2, 19 KOs), the current number-one rated junior featherweight by the WBO. The scores were 80-70, 78-72 and 77-73. [details]

Comment

ohh well that's sucks for him.

he had a future, but sadly de leon ruin him.

Comment

hes got a terrible stance like jaidon codrington.. and a terrible chin. good thing hes still young i wonder if he will ever make it...

Comment

Bautista was exposed back when Sergio Medina rocked him during the DLH vs. Mayweather fight. After he got dropped in the 1st by PDL, he didnt recover to well mind set wise. His chin has always been exposed...

Comment

I said all along that this was a very realistic possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenue View Post
                  yea i just saw it rite now
                  wonder what happend to the people saying Ray was the next big thing
                  just wait for ronnie's article dude. he surely has some s**t to say why bum bum lost.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                    Yup

I think Tackie will beat him, Matthew Hatton really isn't any good IMO. He only gets any attention because he's Rickys brother.
                    Hatton actually fought a pretty good fight. Tackie is clearly past it now though, and he had lost his last four fights against less than stellar opposition. I think his best was many years ago at Jr WW when he fought Tszyu for the titles. He threw non stop punches and was fast with steady pressure.

Hatton was able to out-box him which years ago would have been impossible for him to do. He looked good, but that was in part due to Tackie looking a bit too old now. He still had his moments as well and really put the pressure on in the second half of the fight. There were small parts where it looked as though Tackie would be able to pull it out, but they were just not enough and I think his legs and age didn't allow him to be consistent.

Comment

There goes the future of Boom Boom. Oh well, theres always the Oriental-Pacific Boxing Federation title for him to get.

Comment

Working...
                      X