No announcement yet.

UFC>>>boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miniq View Post
    Let me know when you have a champion who won't be forgotten and beaten within a time span of 2-3 years.
    Jon Jones. Jose Aldo. GSP. Dominick Cruz. Mighty Mouse. Anderson Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
      Just this past Saturday UFC's moneymaker and 145lb champ Conor Mcgregor jumped from 145lb to fight dos Anjos at 155lb, but dos Anjos was hurt, so Mcgregor had to jump to 170lb to fight a legitimate top #5 170lb and dangerous opponent in Nate Diaz to save the UFC ppv event. Even though he lost, it was two of the most exciting rounds of fighting ever!!!

In the co main event we had Holly Holms getting submitted by Miesha tate...the former champ fighting a top 2 contender in her weigh division...sigh...

Shame on you boxing...we had champ and contenders fighting tuneups after another....
      I don't ****ing think so. MMA is an ugly-ass sport where the pound-for-pound king leaps into a straight left in the first 10 seconds and gets put to sleep. Then the guy who puts him to sleep, the new king, gets beat by a guy running on 11 days notice

Elbows to the throat and head, flying kicks to nowhere, piss-poor boxing technique, poor balance......no thanks. As dreadfully run as boxing undoubtedly is, give me the aesthetic pleasures of two skilled boxers any day. Vargas-Ali was far FAR more interesting than the UFC card, which was only amusing for seeing that punk Conor getting beat and the overall unintentionally funny aspects of the whole thing. I honestly have no idea how people can derive much pleasure from MMA

A lack of quality is perceived as being "exciting", when in reality, everyone is beating each others ass because there is no-one within it who is a true craftsman with beautiful refined skills. Someone like Golovkin is more entertaining to watch than that whole damn sport combined.

Comment

I respect MMA for putting their top dogs to fight each other. Boxing is lacking because of the business aspect of it all.

Comment

I enjoy watching certain guys fight in UFC, Jones, McGregor, Overeem, etc...

Better than boxing? Absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            Jon Jones. Jose Aldo. GSP. Dominick Cruz. Mighty Mouse. Anderson Silva.
            No one cares about most of those fighters NOW, why would they care in 3 years? Anderson Silva and GSP are probably the closest MMA has to legend type guys that we'll be talking about in a decade.

Look MMA can be fun, but the are downsides to the matchmaking and the way they run their business. Like it or not, feeding your box office stars to the wolves after they go 5-0 is not a sustainable business model. Once the Backstreet Boy gets crushed by some journeyman they called up from Cage Warriors, UFC will be in a death spiral.

And UFC doesn't "build stars". Most of their really popular fighters have made their name pre-UFC, in Pride, WWE, or any number of orgs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenchiro View Post
              Just this past Saturday UFC's moneymaker and 145lb champ Conor Mcgregor jumped from 145lb to fight dos Anjos at 155lb, but dos Anjos was hurt, so Mcgregor had to jump to 170lb to fight a legitimate top #5 170lb and dangerous opponent in Nate Diaz to save the UFC ppv event. Even though he lost, it was two of the most exciting rounds of fighting ever!!!

In the co main event we had Holly Holms getting submitted by Miesha tate...the former champ fighting a top 2 contender in her weigh division...sigh...

Shame on you boxing...we had champ and contenders fighting tuneups after another....
              Then why don't you take you stinky a5s to UFCscene or somewhere like that?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                I said show me a UFC fight that is as exciting or as enjoyable to watch as the boxing matches I mentioned and you couldnt. I didnt say it had to be that competative but there has been nothing I have seen that is close to Haggler vs Hearns in the UFC. To even suggest those fights you mentioned as a comaprison shows you are either a UFC fanboy or you no nothing about boxing. Judging from your recent posts i'm leaning to the former.
                Lmao. If the fights I mentioned arent exciting or enjoyable then I can't help you..

I love boxing more than I do mma, but to think mma doesnt have great fights on par with boxing is absurd

Comment

Originally posted by sako5 View Post
                  Then why don't you take you stinky a5s to UFCscene or somewhere like that?
                  Good post.

If he loves MMA so much then he should go post on an MMA forum. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Omowale Tribe View Post
                    Conor Mgregor literally lost to a gatekeeper. He was literally the face of the UFC a few days ago, the best fighter in the "sport" and got destroyed by a Carlos Molina type of opponent.

Imagine Floyd or Pacquiao losing to Carlos Molina. Just imagine.
                    Let us not forget that in the UFC a WWE wrestler came in and after 3 fights became HW champ.
                    That would never happen in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                      In UFC the best fighters actually fight against each other. Not so in boxing with its "A side" divas and multiple belts and ***** promoters.

But at least boxers can freaking box.
                      Not necessarily. A lot people wanted to see GSP move up a weight class and fight Silva in a matchup of their top two P4P guys but GSP didn't want to move up. Also, Silva didn't want to move up to face Jones.

Their best typically fight each other until they reach the apex and are able to pick and choose.

Comment

Working...
                      X