Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Vitaly get credit for losing to a shot Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deal With It View Post
    Precisely.

Coincidentally, Vitali has these "fluke" injuries occur when he faces anybody above C-level. Funny how Obed Sullivan & Dicky Ryan or any of the other 40+ tomato cans that he's faced couldn't punch a lucky "fluke" menstruating vagina on the side of his face, or make him quit on his stool like a beyotch.
    Ahhh, now we see what the TS was really looking for!

DEONTAY WILDER = THE NEXT JULIUS LONG

Comment

Much is said on boxing forums about "shot" boxers, but there are also some arguments that are "shot" as well, meaning that no matter what side you're on, there is nothing left to say about the topic that hasn't been said a million times already on every boxing forum in cyberspace.

Lewis-Vitali is one of those "shot" topics/arguments.

Shame on the TS for trying to revive it yet again for no real reason at all, other than to encourage people to take shots at Vitali Klitschko.
      Last edited by Lucky Jim; 11-07-2011, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis barely survived the 2nd round and almost got KO'd, he was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk. Lewis was badly hurt several times in the fight and was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

After the fight, Vitali intimidated the shit out of Lewis and made him look like a bitch.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 40 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared his bitch ass into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.

Comment

Vitali wasn't even in his prime yet.

Lewis was 37, not really that old for a HW.

Vitali is 40 and is still dominating. He hasn't lost a single round in his comeback.

Lewis wasn't "shot" when he got his ass whooped by Vitali.

Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement.

Vitali is a better fighter than Lewis.

Comment

FACTS about Vitali Klitschko

- WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world

- All Time Great and Hall Of Famer

- Has never truly lost

- There is no blueprint to beat him

- He is unbeatable

- He is the most dominant fighter of all time

- He has dominated every opponent he has ever faced

- 45 have tried and 45 have been dominated

- Has never been behind on the scorecards at the end of a fight

- Has never been knocked down

- He is the most intimidating HW of all time

- Greatest heavyweight champ KO% of all time

- Only man ever to be world heavyweight champ in boxing and kickboxing

- Vitali is 40 and is still dominating. He hasn't lost a single round in his comeback.

- Vitali beats any HW from any era.

Comment

I think it's partly down to an attempt to discredit Lewis. It's often brought up in the context of "Yeah he was good but Vitali would have knocked him out if the fight hadn't have been stopped".

There was a crisis of legitimacy around Lewis that he eventually overcome but I think it still lingers. He was a British heavyweight so recognition is the U.S is slow to come if it comes at all. Being awarded a title picked out of a bin doesn't help. There was also the debate in Britain over his nationality.

I think alot of fans were slow to warm to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                I think it's partly down to an attempt to discredit Lewis. It's often brought up in the context of "Yeah he was good but Vitali would have knocked him out if the fight hadn't have been stopped".

There was a crisis of legitimacy around Lewis that he eventually overcome but I think it still lingers. He was a British heavyweight so recognition is the U.S is slow to come if it comes at all. Being awarded a title picked out of a bin doesn't help. There was also the debate in Britain over his nationality.

I think alot of fans were slow to warm to him.
                He was not very popular in the US when he was still active.

He's become more popular now because Klitschko haters like the TS love to dwell on the result of his fight with Vitali.

Comment

Other than heart, there should be no other reason why Vitali can be praised for losing that fight.

As for 'luck from the punch', that is the biggest cop out bad losing excuse I have ever heard and only Klitlickers use it.

The fight was stopped due to a serious injury that was sustained through a legal punch. A doctor (yes, DOCTOR) stopped the fight as he said that anymore damage and Vit would lose his sight. I'd rather accept a diagnosis from an esteemed Professional who looked at the injury himself than a deluded Klitlicking fanboy who desperately clings to Vitali's sac.

Comment

Originally posted by Soviet View Post
                    Vitali Klitschko vs Lennox Lewis

THE TRUTH

Vitali took the fight on just 10 days notice.

Vitali was clearly winning the fight 4-2 on all 3 scorecards at the time of the controversial doctor stoppage. Lewis barely survived the 2nd round and almost got KO'd, he was badly hurt, holding on for dear life, wobbling everywhere and staggering around the ring like a drunk. Lewis was badly hurt several times in the fight and was getting outboxed, outworked, outmuscled and outlanded by Vitali.

punches landed

Vitali 156

Lewis 102

Lewis was exhausted, worn down and hurt from the accumulation of punches and was ready to get KTFO again, he collapsed onto his stool at the end of the 6th round, Vitali was clearly the fresher of the two, he was a man on a mission and would've KO'd Lewis for sure if the fight had continued.

After the fight, Vitali intimidated the shit out of Lewis and made him look like a bitch.

All the fans at Staples Center cheered for Vitali and booed Lewis after the fight.

Lewis promised Vitali a rematch.

Vitali destroyed Kirk Johnson in 2 rounds and called out Lewis again in the post fight interview. The scared Lewis retired shortly after that fight.

Lewis turned down 40 million dollars for a rematch and retired like a coward because he knew he would get destroyed by Vitali.

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared his bitch ass into retirement.

George Foreman: "Vitali was winning the fight. Lewis got lucky. There has to be a rematch!"

Jim Lampley: "A lucky escape for Lewis who was clearly losing the fight"

Even Emanuel Steward was upset and pissed off at Lewis for blatantly ducking a Vitali rematch.

Lewis is scared to death of Vitali.
                    Vitali wasn't even in his prime yet.

Lewis was 37, not really that old for a HW.

Vitali is 40 and is still dominating. He hasn't lost a single round in his comeback.

Lewis wasn't "shot" when he got his ass whooped by Vitali.

Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement.

Vitali is a better fighter than Lewis.
                    FACTS about Vitali Klitschko

- WBC Heavyweight Champion of the world

- All Time Great and Hall Of Famer

- Has never truly lost

- There is no blueprint to beat him

- He is unbeatable

- He is the most dominant fighter of all time

- He has dominated every opponent he has ever faced

- 45 have tried and 45 have been dominated

- Has never been behind on the scorecards at the end of a fight

- Has never been knocked down

- He is the most intimidating HW of all time

- Greatest heavyweight champ KO% of all time

- Only man ever to be world heavyweight champ in boxing and kickboxing

- Vitali is 40 and is still dominating. He hasn't lost a single round in his comeback.

- Vitali beats any HW from any era.
                    This clown needs IP banning once and for all.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      First off let me start by saying Vitaly is a very good fighter, a h2h test for any heavyweight in history. But why does he get so much credit for losing to Lennox Lewis? He showed great heart by wanting to continue like a warrior and redeemed himself in the eyes of most after quitting against Byrd. But the fact is he was sucking wind against a fat, tired and unmotivated Lewis who had been knocked cold just two years before, and while he was ahead before the stoppage Lewis was closing the gap and rocking him. So other than his heart, which should be acknowledged, why does he get so much credit for losing?

Let's keep this thread civil, no flaming please.
                      Jab you wan't a no flaming civil conversation in this thread. I'm not gonna be a dick, but you simply Hate Vitaly, there is no other option.

First of all, why would you even create this thread? do I need to answer this?
                      Or posters like klit2011 and other nuthugs really get on your nerves when they cry about Vitaly?
                      Second...seriously if you start this, why say Lewis is Tired..Tired?? ok. out of shape? he could of train and 37? so what Vitaly still fights now and he is close to be 40.

Now by the fifth round Lewis was as tired as Vitaly, his faced just wasn't ****ed up. Saying that he was cathing up on points is silly. He promised the rematch and wheres Lewis now? giving tips to every Vitali opponent how to beat him.

I like you as a poster, but behind all these words you Do hate Vitali. hate on Wlad, I don't care. but I can tell you do have something against a real man. who didn't quit and wanted to continue, even though he probably would lose.

Fact that Vit was winning on points and didn't want the fight being stopped. posters like Larry cry that he lost by KO/TKo plain and simple. on papers yes..in reality - doctor.

Comment

Working...
                      X