• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum- Pacquaio/Rios sold between 500,000-550,000

Source is Chris Mannix

This is a flop.

Comment

Big flop for Manny. Scary thing is that this is coming from Arum, not HBO, so it probably did worse than what he said.

Comment

Not a flop. PPVs aired from abroad always see a reduction in PPV buys. Given they did **** all promotion and held the event for cheap in China it's still pretty good. If it was held in the US it probably would have reached around 800k buys. 900k if it had a remotely decent undercard.

Comment

I wonder how many chinese bought the fight for the $5.00 or whatever they were charging for it in China. That was what Bob was banking on. Either way, it does sound like a bit of a flop and I think it flopped over in China as well because Bob said Manny's next fight would be back in the U.S. soon after the Pac/Rios fight ended.

Bradley vs. Pac will probably do about the same or maybe as much as 600,000 so this is why they are clamoring for a Floyd fight. There is nobody but Floyd and possibly Marquez left for Manny and Bob knows this and he also knows Marquez is scared shidtless to risk another fight with Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by DAZED 2.0 View Post
            Big flop for Manny. Scary thing is that this is coming from Arum, not HBO, so it probably did worse than what he said.
            I just broke the number down, 550k PPvs equals 33 Million Dollars. 50% of it goes to the Cable Providers so there is around 16.5 Million left in the pot, the gate was 8 Million Dollars. Mannys purse was 18 Million, Rios 4 Million.

Bob lost a lot of Money on this event and no wonder he is pushing for a Mayweather fight now so he can cash out Manny.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
              Not a flop. PPVs aired from abroad always see a reduction in PPV buys. Given they did **** all promotion and held the event for cheap in China it's still pretty good. If it was held in the US it probably would have reached around 800k buys. 900k if it had a remotely decent undercard.
              So youre saying 800k US PPV buys is equal to 550k international buys?

Somehow this does not compute...

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
                No it was held sunday morning in china for the us audience so not so sure your logic holds water. I bought it so im in there. Yay for me

Comment

Originally posted by Malik Kaya View Post
                  I just broke the number down, 550k PPvs equals 33 Million Dollars. 50% of it goes to the Cable Providers so there is around 16.5 Million left in the pot, the gate was 8 Million Dollars. Mannys purse was 18 Million, Rios 4 Million.

Bob lost a lot of Money on this event and no wonder he is pushing for a Mayweather fight now so he can cash out Manny.
                  Or Manny's purse decreases. That's another number Arum likes to throw around which never reconciles with what's filed.

Comment

Not surprised, it was Brandon Rios in China. More surprised Arum isn't claiming a million.

Comment

Working...
                    X