Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IS Ortiz similar to Canelo in size and strength?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think OP used smart verbiage in his post, however, Canelo has grown much more than Ortiz and has displayed more promise. Maybe 2-3 years ago you could have said they were similar, but not anymore. With that said, I would still love to see Ortiz rack up a few wins and make another run at Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by fightfan2007 View Post
      does Ortiz rehydrate up to 160 tho?

plus they got the same height and reach

I think Ortiz is well conditioned if nothing else and he used as much of his strength as he could because skills weren't getting him anywhere... Floyd did seem to handle it well (I agree he didn't need the sucker punch - Ortiz quit imo) but Ortiz did seem to impose himself at least physically a few times

The only thing I've noticed is that CAnelo needs to plant his feet to throw his powerful punches... I can imagine Floyd upsetting his rhythm and either beating to the punch or moving to make him reset.

It was funny to see Guerrero cutting of the ring backing Floyd against the rope or a corner and STILL not letting his hands go but just twitchin like Mosely did. Making you unsure to throw your punches it what Floyd does best.

Floyd will lower CAnelos output even further if he fights his usual "patient" style - I feel he needs to pressure but I don't think he's got the stamina for it.

Maybe they can find a gap? Nazim and Mosley did but they could finish with it and Floyd never gave it to him again after that.
      He actually did against Floyd. He came in at 167 for a 147 fight. Can't remember what he came in at for the berto or Lopez fights

Comment

Working...
      X