Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bute: The Loss To Froch Will Make Me a Better Fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so this fight will be tough so he must have full concentration on that first

Comment

When a fighter reacts as badly to getting hit as Bute did against Froch, it's hard to imagine that changing, no matter what you do differently as far as tactics.

Comment

He speaks. I have been wondering when Bute would pop up for an interview. I always sympathize with any boxer who has to endure a humiliating loss like that (Tyson, RJJ, Hatton, Williams). BUT, it is part of this beloved sport and those who can come back from it to rise again to the top ALWAYS become endeared to real fans. Good luck to the French Canadian former champ.

Comment

I think the bottom line is Bute can't take Froch's power. The rematch will go much the same way I think, as soon as Froch connects it will be over. Bute was hurt badly by every shot he took, although he showed some great heart by staying up, at times it may have served him better to take a knee and recover a little.

Froch showed he is quicker, stronger, and more powerful in the first fight. The speed difference is what surprised me the most, neither guy is particularly quick but Froch's hands were MUCH quicker that Bute's.

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
            I think the bottom line is Bute can't take Froch's power. The rematch will go much the same way I think, as soon as Froch connects it will be over. Bute was hurt badly by every shot he took, although he showed some great heart by staying up, at times it may have served him better to take a knee and recover a little.

Froch showed he is quicker, stronger, and more powerful in the first fight. The speed difference is what surprised me the most, neither guy is particularly quick but Froch's hands were MUCH quicker that Bute's.
            I agree that Froch proved that Bute's chin is below average at the elite level. The thing I also noted from their fight was Bute's lack of defense. Froch, who by no means is a speedster, was able to counter Bute with hard powershots from the first bell.

Bute has a rebuilding task ahead of him and to be frank, it is difficult to see him winning a return fight. The only thing Bute has going for him is his power, but seeing him landing anything of consequence on Froch without paying is hard.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              Former IBF super middleweight champion Lucian Bute (30-1, 24 KOs) is hungry to get back to the top. On November 3rd at the Bell Centre he faces light heavyweight Denis Grachev (12-0-1, 8KOs) at the catch-weight of 170-pounds.

On May 26th, Bute was beaten badly over five rounds by Nottingham boxer Carl Froch (29-2, 21KOs). They have already agreed to have a rematch in the first half of 2013.

Against Grachev, Bute promised to return to the basics.

[Click Here To Read More]
              there was nothing in butes resume that showed that he could even compete on frochs level. just ditsy nuthuggers . and when he did step it up he got beat in the worst way.
              bet you never see him leave home again to fight. the guys a local yokel.

Comment

Froch knows he call bully Bute, a rematch will be the same result.

Comment

Bute is complete garbage..... I would bet that even Dirrell would murk this over rated bum. The best thing he ever did was not get in the Super Six.

Comment

Bute was doing well very early on against Froch. I gave him the first two rounds. But Once Froch connected and hurt him Bute never recovered and he took a sustained beating over the next 3 rounds until he got stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by kenso View Post
                      I think it does. Bute definitely has a lot of skill. He has a good punch and is very fluent. I predict he comes back to the top.
                      I count myself as a Bute fan and was highly disappointing with the Froch fight. But what really worries me is that Froch's power is overrated and yet he so easily devastated Bute. And it is not just my opinion that Froch's power is overrated his record speaks for itself. Since he moved up from the British domestic level fights to the elite level his power has dropped significantly. He has fought eight times in those fights he has two knock outs. And one of those knock outs was over Taylor. And for what ever reason that seems to be a regular occurrence with Jermaine these days. So, in my opinion Bute's jaw might not hold up but I still say he is a better fighter than he usually gets credit for.

Comment

Working...
                      X