No announcement yet.

Abril/Rios Compuclinch: 83 clinches total [Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
    molina landed some real combos and potshots and then he clinched lol.
    lol for sure but I'm just saying his punches def had an impact. but yea horrible style and Molina along with Alexander should both have had points taken away.

Comment

totally different compared to the Alexander and Molina...they was clinching with BOTH ARMS...Abril grabs that left Arm...WHEN RIOS WOULD TRY TO WRAP IT AROUND ABRIL

these videos are edited down, you could actually do this for most fighters believe it or not, because tie ups and clinches happen in every fight, if they didn't then a ref would not be necessary because he wouldn't have to break them up

Comment

They forgot to show the part where Rios actually did something to deserve a win.

Comment

Is holding with one arm ruled differently than holding with both arms?

The rulebook just states holding so it's hard to know exactly how they meant it.

Comment

What a disgusting style of fighting. It's even more so when you see the clinches compiled in one video. It's terrible.

Comment

i thought abril using his shoulder on the inside was PERFECT. brilliant strategy that took away both rios' left and right hooks on the inside. i still didn't like the fight but i gotta give props to whoever came up with that strategy.

Comment

The actual WAY he clinched and for how LONG was NOTHING and I mean NOTHING compared to say what Molina did with Kirkland and Akinwande with Lewis, and astonishingly enough, I'm seeing some of the same people in here who PRAISED Molina for his tactics against Kirkland.

But now 'cause it's Rios, and everyone's been riding his bandwagon and up and to including his dick, are singing a different tune now. All of the sudden it's a disgrace.

Akinwande and Molina CHARGED their opponents and clinched them with both arms and held them for long stretches of time on the ropes, Abril would do it BRIEFLY when he was being pressured, but usually he did what you saw him do throughout the fight, he'd sit in the pocket, lean back and get into the philly shell and smother Rios' left hook and pick him off with short uppercuts.

NOT once would he HOLD Rios, the hands were COMPLETELY free, so could someone elaborate as to how and why Rios was getting his ass kicked illegally then? Not to mention, when Abril was on the outside sticking the jab in is face and ripping him with combinations. Some so called "hardcore" fans are so funny "Ohh Abrilzzz poonchezz hadzz noo powerzz so Riossszz won JAJAJAJAJAJ LAWLZZ" A F.UCKING joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  Most of them were clinches were both men were responsible for coming together into the clinch

In the Devon and Molina fight they literally held for dear life after like every punch
                  yep but no point bringing this up on nsb. abril at times stood inches away from rios and rios couldn't land a shot! he did it all fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    yep but no point bringing this up on nsb. abril at times stood inches away from rios and rios couldn't land a shot! he did it all fight.
                    Exactly, where's the argument for when Abril did this? Which, mind you Abril did through MOST of the fight. But, of course there's no argument for it.

Rios was thoroughly out-boxed by an unknown world class level boxer and given the fact everyone's fallen in love with Rios' fan friendly style, they're judgement has been astonishingly clouded and now they've been forced to see the fact Rios is a LIMITED fighter and was EXPOSED. People use the word exposed alot in boxing to the point it's turned into a cliche, but next to the word exposed in the dictionary is a link to a video of the Rios-Abril fight, real talke.

Comment

I liked Rios going into the fight and was a fan of his but I'm not sure anymore. Abril beat him fair and square. I don't like using the word exposed but I think if it had to be used this would be a situation in where you could use it. Funny how it is mostly Latino fighters getting jobbed in the U.S. Matthysse, Lara, Marquez, Campillo, and Abril.

Comment

Working...
                      X