No announcement yet.

Wayne McCullough: "Ortiz should've had 5 minutes to recover"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SickRacistThug View Post
    'suckerpunch' is a figurative term here.

in boxing, it doesn't exist. you can call what floyd did a 'suckerpunch' figuratively, but there are only legal and illegal punches in boxing, no suckerpunches. the first commandment of the sport is 'protect yourself, all times'. if time is in, one's duty is to have one's eyes on the opponent with readiness to defend oneself. by definition of the fundamentals and rulebook of boxing, suckerpunches do not exist.

i know you'll find it hard to wrap your pea-brain around this, you dumb, flipflopping, frontrunning, dickhopping faggot, because 1.) you're incredibly -- and i do mean incredibly -- stupid, 2.) you've never boxed and 3.) you know nothing about boxing, but i'm right.
    in other words, you're a limp-d!cked douchebag who doesn't know what suckerpunch means???!!!

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      Cortez didn't see it tho...its like WWF when the manager distracts the ref and the villain pulls out his brass knuckles and KOs the good guy...
      Haha...more like Ellerbe came out from underneath the ring and gave Floyd a steel seat. Floyd smashed Ortiz on the head with the steel seat and toss the chair back to Ellerbe. Cortez is going to look around right when Ortiz is on the ground.

Comment

Cortez bungled the job by looking somewhere outside the ring and Mayweather like true guttertrash took advantage of the situation and Ortiz's good nature.

He never resumed the action.

Comment

Originally posted by DE100 View Post
          Yahoo
          Talked to Keith Kizer of NV Commission. Cortez pointed to time keeper and said time in. Punches were legal, according to Kizer. #boxing

http://twitter.com/#!/KevinI/status/115287548951146496

Someone needs to go back and rewatch that fight.

It's confusing, sometimes refs say "lets go" to touch'em up, then time in. It looks like that's what Ortiz was reacting to. I still consider that a legal sucker punch, a championship fight should never end this way, especially for a guy who only fights once a year. There was a lot of pissed off people that night in the crowd, that's not what they paid to see, thats for sure.

id say everyone is at fault to a degree

Comment

No simpathy for Ortiz at all in this. I don't like the way the fight was won, but I don't blame Floyd at all, he did what he had to do. Honestly how many times do you have to let a dude hug and kiss on you before you remind that fool that you're in a fight? You have got to be kidding me! Cortez motioned them together and said let's go. If you want to continue to kiss and hug then that's on you but the other guy wants to fight. Like it or not the punch was legal. You can cry all you want but it won't change the outcome. I wish the punch was the other way around and Ortiz had put Floyd on his behind like that, but that didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              No simpathy for Ortiz at all in this. I don't like the way the fight was won, but I don't blame Floyd at all, he did what he had to do. Honestly how many times do you have to let a dude hug and kiss on you before you remind that fool that you're in a fight? You have got to be kidding me! Cortez motioned them together and said let's go. If you want to continue to kiss and hug then that's on you but the other guy wants to fight. Like it or not the punch was legal. You can cry all you want but it won't change the outcome. I wish the punch was the other way around and Ortiz had put Floyd on his behind like that, but that didn't happen.
              If Floyd didn't want to "kiss and hug",

why did he accept Victors embrace at all?

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post

He tricked him. Cheap but legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
                  if cortez saw the suckerpunch, maybe he'd have given ortiz a chance to recover and continue the fight
                  lol and maybe pigs would fly, it's Cortez we're talking about

Comment

Originally posted by SuckerPunch4KO View Post

Look at your own sig. Floyd came up and touched gloves with Ortiz. After that he put his hands up, he wasn't looking to hug he was looking to fight. How many times would you let a dude hug and kiss on you before you resume fighting? Cause from the way I see it a lot of people on here would still be hugging and kissing now if they left it up to Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Look at your own sig. Floyd came up and touched gloves with Ortiz. After that he put his hands up, he wasn't looking to hug he was looking to fight. How many times would you let a dude hug and kiss on you before you resume fighting? Cause from the way I see it a lot of people on here would still be hugging and kissing now if they left it up to Ortiz.

When two fighters embrace in that manner, they usually, out of respect,

create a space and acknowledge that the other is ready to fight.

Floyd used the opportunity and sucker punched his opponent. He pretended to be cordial about the situation and then as Victor was retreating back to position, sucker punched him.

Now if Floyd didn't want another hug, he should have just pushed him off from the jump. But no, he acted like everything was all good and teed off.

Comment

Working...
                      X