No announcement yet.

Arum will move Bradley-Marquez to Oct. if Mayweather decides to fight Sept 14th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    Smart man. Don't get why they're waiting so long though they should fight in August
    Both had very brutal fights in their last outings..It makes sense that they take some time off before coming back for another(unquestionable)tough fight..

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      He's got 5 more fights in his contract and its a welterweight unification match. The best time to fight Alexander would be now while other fighters build bigger names to set up mega fights down the road.

Guerrero
      Alexander
      140 pound tourney winner
      Canelo

Those 4 fights would keep him busy for the next 2 years. And Paulie ain't beating Broner. lol
      lol im just saying if paulie was to beat broner that would be bigger than anything alexander has done

Comment

Bradley vs. Marquez shouldn't even be on PPV. It's a superb HBO World Championship Boxing bout though.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
          I think the winner of the 140 pound tournament should get Floyd next year.

It would make for a much bigger and better fight.
          Floyd overrides that tourney any day. GBP would cut it short for Floyd and you can still put the other guys against eachother. Floyd could fight Lucas or Pete next while they just have the Garcia-Khan rematch.

None of those guys would complain about that. He could fight Garcia next while GBP makes Khan-Lucas-LP winner. No one would complain about that. Floyd could still fight the winner of these other fights later. The only time there may be a complaint is if Floyd takes Garcia and Khan has to fight Lucas.

I could see Khan complaining to some extent but then I think he would accept just for the simple fact that its the biggest fight by far for him to put him back on top. People would give him more credit for beating Lucas than beating anyone else outside of Floyd and that would make Khan accept

Comment

mexican media reporting arum stated he'd move the date if canelo fights on sep. 14th..... looks like top rank is moving the date regardless

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
              But who does Floyd fight on 9/14 if not Canelo?

Alexander? Meh
              Berto-Karass winner? It's tough right now. It's kind of upsetting really, this guy decides to stay active when there aren't many fights in the immediate future we want to see him in. But I imagine it'll work out, nontheless. I dont' think Floyd was threatened by Canelo's performance as a few seem to think, I believe he takes that for a megabout in September.

If not...Alexander isn't gonna look very good, but unless a guy like Matthysse destroys Peterson, people are naturally going to point out the fact that at least Alexander fights at 147 and has a win over Matthysse. Again, the division is just dry right now, at least for GB.

edit: thought i'd note, i had matthysse winning that fight.
              Last edited by SCEN3RY; 04-23-2013, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                Berto-Karass winner? It's tough right now. It's kind of upsetting really, this guy decides to stay active when there aren't many fights in the immediate future we want to see him in. But I imagine it'll work out, nontheless. I dont' think Floyd was threatened by Canelo's performance as a few seem to think, I believe he takes that for a megabout in September.

If not...Alexander isn't gonna look very good, but unless a guy like Matthysse destroys Peterson, people are naturally going to point out the fact that at least Alexander fights at 147 and has a win over Matthysse. Again, the division is just dry right now, at least for GB.
                Haha, Soto Karass will win, opening the gate to Mayweather that is Berto.
                Worked for Guerrero, worked for Ortiz.
                Soto-Karass is next

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
                  Floyd won't fight Canelo. Period. Especially if he looks bad in the Guerrero fight.

Canelo is too Much of a threat.

If anything he fights a lesser caliber opponent like an Alexander or a PEDerson/Matthysse winner.
                  A threat to Floyd? I dont think so. Canelo can punch so he does have a punchers chance but Canelos no pressure fighter. Hes not gonna hit Floyd winging punches from the outside. That 29% he landed against Trout is more like 15% against Floyd. Canelos punching power is the only thing that makes this fight intriguing. After the 4th round Canelos chances drop to less than zero.

Comment

If Floyd or Canelo are fighting on September 14 then for sure Arum will have to move the date of Bradley-Marquez. It's not even a question.

GBP's big guns are greater than Top Rank's.

Comment

Working...
                    X