No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Plans Super Bowl Fight Announcement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
    I can see the Superbowl commercial now... grayscale video, Floyd against a black background, emerging from the shadows as he crosses his arms.

"On May 4th, the best fighter in the world returns in the event of the year, in a quest to solidify his legacy among the legends of the sport..."

Another fighter's black silhouette forms in the distance. The monologue continues.

"One man stands in his way. One man who will stop at nothing to rewrite history."

As the camera draws closer, a faint light falls on the silhouette and reveals the fighter to be... Manny Pacquiao!

"The fight of the decade is finally upon us. The only question is, are you ready?"

The commercial closes with a face off and the obligatory Title and fight date. Fade to black.
    floyd would be ******ed to fight manny p right now, even i couldnt defend him as a fan anymore no way that happens.

Comment

I can't imagine how something won't leak before Sunday. There's too many people involved for it not too.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Epic fail.......he had better announce it during one of the commercials then (and come up off 50 Million for the 30 seconds) because no one is changing the channel to hear what Floyd has to say.
        Originally posted by hectari View Post
        Floyd is going to announce it from his Twitter during the super bowl?
        yeah, i can't see this playing out too good for them if they do plan on announcing it during super bowl sunday. if he announces it on his twitter account, no one will read it cause they're too busy watching the game/commercials. if they buy an ad during the game, it probably won't get that much attention cause everyone likes to focus on the funny/interesting commercials companies put out, and the game itself. if i was him, i'd think about another day. everyone is going to be focused on the game to care about mayweather's next fight, especially if it's against robert guerrero. even an alvarez fight wouldn't make that much noise imo. who knows though, we'll see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          yeah, i can't see this playing out too good for them if they do plan on announcing it during super bowl sunday. if he announces it on his twitter account, no one will read it cause they're too busy watching the game/commercials. if they buy an ad during the game, it probably won't get that much attention cause everyone likes to focus on the funny/interesting commercials companies put out, and the game itself. if i was him, i'd think about another day. everyone is going to be focused on the game to care about mayweather's next fight, especially if it's against robert guerrero. even an alvarez fight wouldn't make that much noise imo. who knows though, we'll see what happens.
          I don't know anything about the Super Bowl other than it being a huge event in the U.S but I'm thinking they'll announce it on the "Super bowl weekend" not the actual day of.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            Going off of google a 30 second commercial costs 3.5 million so.....
            if he wore endorsement gear , im sure they would cover the cost (like if he announced it with addidas gear or nike gear etc) than it would also be a commercial for that brand...

regardless i really doubt thats the plan, filming a commercial has so many people on set... the news would leak in a second by someone there, and i really doubt theres a commercial anyways

Comment

And an entire country doesn't give a lump because they are too busy watching the Super Bowl.

Comment

True even though Manny just got rocked by Marquez...thehype of a commercial promo with a surprise announcement of fighting him would be epic. But realistically, its not Canelo yet...they said hes fighting trout first, so hes out. Golden boy said tim bradleys out. No other options except Guerrero, but if i were Mayweather i would put Marquez lots more $$$ than Guerrero. Cincdo de mayo, just killed manny, plus floyd already destroyed him too. People will cmplain either way so just make that money

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  Naw man, if it is a game time commercial people will see it, meaning more exposure. Most hardcore sports fans will pay attention to the fight advertisement if they choose to do it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    Paulie gets a shot!!!
                    I think paulie is in line for pacquiaos tune up

Comment

Originally posted by Double_L View Post
                      I can see the Superbowl commercial now... grayscale video, Floyd against a black background, emerging from the shadows as he crosses his arms.

"On May 4th, the best fighter in the world returns in the event of the year, in a quest to solidify his legacy among the legends of the sport..."

Another fighter's black silhouette forms in the distance. The monologue continues.

"One man stands in his way. One man who will stop at nothing to rewrite history."

As the camera draws closer, a faint light falls on the silhouette and reveals the fighter to be... Manny Pacquiao!

"The fight of the decade is finally upon us. The only question is, are you ready?"

The commercial closes with a face off and the obligatory Title and fight date. Fade to black.
                      Oh man, imagine if they had done something like that when the fight was hot.

I'm over that fight but man, reading that^ was great.

Comment

Working...
                      X