No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Kirkland won't be no war

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
    I must have been confused. I didn't realise that fighters start from the top fighting 'elite' fighters and champions and work their way down. My mistake.

Where was he supposed to start his career?
    Well I'll be honored to help. Champions don't step up in class. They should up the comp on the way to the title. So by the time they get there it's already done. Golden boy fabricated his title, the defenses & his resume is a contenders at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Well I'll be honored to help. Champions don't step up in class. They should up the comp on the way to the title. So by the time they get there it's already done. Golden boy fabricated his title, the defenses & his resume is a contenders at best.
      You're so sweet

What I meant was, how can anyone give a fighter who is building a career **** for who he fights? Everyone, regardless of profession has to start somewhere. No one automatically starts at the top.

He is fighting bigger names now and it is up to him to prove he is worthy of the attention he is getting. In my opinion, he will do just that.

Comment

I mostly agree. Kirkland always has the puncher's chance, but he will have to walk through hell.

One thing's for sure, this fight does not get to a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Bossy View Post
          You're so sweet

What I meant was, how can anyone give a fighter who is building a career **** for who he fights? Everyone, regardless of profession has to start somewhere. No one automatically starts at the top.

He is fighting bigger names now and it is up to him to prove he is worthy of the attention he is getting. In my opinion, he will do just that.
          You made me e-blush!!

Anyway ginger has been given a rode flattened & paved to his championship, & the relatively weak run he's had. The best fighter on his resume is a shot Mosley who hasn't won a fight in slightly over 3 years, that's bad. I would have no problem if they didn't just give him the title, the same others have climbed mountains, walked across fire & bled to claim.

Anyway gotta run, it's been entertaining!!

Comment

Talking bout Mosley right?? The 1 that was shot like 2 years ago & hasn't won a fight in round 3 years right?? I would hope to high heaven that ginger could at least beat him, hell I expected him to stop grandpa.
            How many of those 40 fighters were elite, or prime, or even champions??
            It makes no difference, the other poster acted as if Canelo was lit up by Mosley which simply isn't true. He looked the way he was supposed to look vs Mosley.

I don't understand this hatred for Canelo, sure he didn't beat the best fighter at 154lbs but you have to understand why they gave him that title. He's a cash cow but that doesn't mean he's a fraud, it's just that the WBC is corrupt.....news flash.

I think your selling Canelo short and we haven't seen what he can do against the elite. I thought Paul Williams would have been a tough fight and Kirkland will definitely be a huge risk of a fight. We are about to see what this kid is made of and I'm not willing to trash him just yet.

Comment

You made me e-blush!!

Anyway ginger has been given a rode flattened & paved to his championship, & the relatively weak run he's had. The best fighter on his resume is a shot Mosley who hasn't won a fight in slightly over 3 years, that's bad. I would have no problem if they didn't just give him the title, the same others have climbed mountains, walked across fire & bled to claim.

Anyway gotta run, it's been entertaining!!
              but when pacquiao beat mosley yu were crying this the greatest thing thats ever happened -_-

Comment

One things for sure, it will be entertaining for as long as it lasts.

Comment

Originally posted by thepower View Post
                  One things for sure, it will be entertaining for as long as it lasts.
                  canelo's key to victory is his foot movement he need's to use that ring

kirkland needs to make it a war

Comment

I think the best chance Kirkland has to beat Canelo is in the first 2 rounds, by going in fast and hard. Canelo is notorious for starting slow (only threw maybe 3 power punches in the first round against Mosley), and James was at his best when he was overwhelming his opponents by mauling them in the first round. If Canelo can survive an onslaught by Kirkland in those first two rounds, I see Kirkland fading pretty quickly and being overwhelmed and mentally defeated by Canelo down the stretch. Also, both guys have been known to fade down the stretch - but Canelo gains confidence, whereas Kirkland seems to lose it.

I think it's going to be a good fight. Kirkland needs to bum rush Canelo and try to hurt him and take him out quick. Canelo CAN be hit, and James CAN hurt him. If he doesn't take Canelo out early, then I see James fading down the stretch and Canelo pummles him and stops him in the last half of the fight. Dare I say, Wolfe might even throw in the towel from an accumulation of too many punches - IF the fight gets in to the later rounds.

Side note:
                    Just my opinion, but Molina vs Kirkland is not a good gauge to determining what Kirklands future is. Molina's style is to hit and hold, hit and hold... making the fight ugly and tiring. He gets his punch in and then holds his opponent, stopping the action and forcing his opponent to reset time and time again... rinse and repeat [See http://youtu.be/OMZuG5z5l2M - Compuclinch; 118 total clinches]. I mean look - Kirkland went from his biggest upset loss (Ishida) to his biggest win by far (Angulo) and both in devestating fashion. And then we all know he was losing to Molina, although James DID hurt Alfred there at the end. But my point is, and we ALL know this to be true... styles make fights. Ishida = NOT a brawler, Angulo = brawler, Molina = NOT a brawler, Canelo = boxer/brawler. It will be interesting to see how Kirkland handles a boxer/brawler. If Canelo's team is smart, they should plan to box MORE then brawl. JUST MY OPINOIN.

Comment

Originally posted by 915angel View Post
                      but when pacquiao beat mosley yu were crying this the greatest thing thats ever happened -_-
                      LMAO at Bushbaby saying Pac did the greatest thing of any kind about Pac-Mosley.

Comment

Working...
                      X