Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good God, what the hell happened to this guy...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good God, what the hell happened to this guy...

Before you guys get your panties in a bunch, disregard the title of the video. I have been browsing randomly through youtube watching highlights/post-fight interviews/promos for the past hour and came across this.

I knew that the guy was expected to be big during 2006-2008 and it all derailed over weight issues and whatnot but damn...looking at this highlight clip, what a waste to see that promising guy end up knocked out of rankings or any relevance in the sport. :S

He looked so good and is now fighting in his hometown for much less than he could've had if he had stuck to his guns and continued to get big fights...his speed was incredible.
    Last edited by TintaBoricua; 09-24-2011, 03:52 AM.

sorry dude i cant load the vid, who is it?

Comment

what's his name?

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
        sorry dude i cant load the vid, who is it?
        Joan Guzman. He had amazing talent.

Comment

Ah Guzman, yes he is quite the enigma.

I don't know how old he is now but he's a terrible waste of talent, one of the most skilled fighters out there but with serious motivation issues

Comment

Originally posted by masinhi View Post
            what's his name?
            Oh, my God dude...did you see the video?

Mentioning the boxer just takes the purpose of watching the video and seeing his highlights of speed and whatnot.

Give you a hint, terrific handspeed, so-so power (below average), good defense, fought at 130 where he had a match against Humberto Soto.

He's now had issues with weight and fought against Ali Funeka...he was also scheduled to fight Nate Campbell but he couldn't make weight.

Very easy one...

I'm just shocked at how this guy could've had maybe 3-4 big fights before sliding down into irrelevance. Such a shame he's already 35, ain't no coming back from that...

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
              ah guzman, yes he is quite the enigma.

i don't know how old he is now but he's a terrible waste of talent, one of the most skilled fighters out there but with serious motivation issues

Comment

btw didnt guzman get suspended ???

Comment

Thyroid issue which has caused weight problems I believe.

Comment

That is a nice highlight vid. Impressive.

Comment

Working...
                    X