No announcement yet.

Boxers with degrees, Good or Bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdawg5221 View Post
    Klitschkos... PHD's... The art of great boxing takes training, dedication and innate ability. The same principles can be applied to attaining a degree...

Do college educated athletes perform better than non college athletes? You'd have to look at the stats, but a college degree says that you have been certified competent in your chosen major by an organization... The man who has his hand raised at the end of each boxing match is validated in the same way… You could look at it like this…

You beat a nobody: High School degree
    You beat a Journey Man: Jr. College Degree
    You beat a Contender: Bachelors Degree
    You beat a Champion: Congratulations you have just attained something that less than 1% of the world will ever attain – I’ll even call you Dr. Boxing.

I know a lot of idiots with college degrees and a lot of fighters who could have paid a just a little more attention while they were in school… What I am saying is a degree is a piece of paper saying you passed whatever standard for the school you graduated from – a championship belt is a trophy saying the same thing – it is what you do, with either, afterwards that is the important part.

Whatever you go after in life, go after it full throttle and degree or no degree you can make your place in the world.

Outstanding analysis. Co sign.

Comment

And wasn't it aired on the last episode of 24/7 that JMM has a degree in accounting? They mentioned something when he was helping his son with a math problem or something. Correct me if i'm mistaken, anyone.

Comment

The problem with a fighter having a degree is that in most cases it eliminates the one thing that has drove them all of these years to be great. That thing is the hunger to get out of the desperate and meek situation that they come from. Of course there are exceptions to the rule but most of the time once a fighter who derives from poverty "sips the champagne" they never regain the hunger and drive it took them to get to the champagne.

Comment

That is what they said on 24/7...

http://www.zazzle.com/pride_of_mexic...46592844671960

Comment

Working...
          X