Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Postol Shocker, Knocks Out Lucas Matthysse For WBC Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Who will Manny fight next ?
    Probably still Lucas

Comment

• No surprises except the quit job. Lucas was always overrated. Most fans don't know nothing. All Lucas had was a punch. I had him losing to Zab. He got out-boxed by Danny Garcia, a slow fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Probably still Lucas
        Nah, Lukas will need to work his way back up.

Originally posted by royjonesjrKTFO View Post
        No surprises except the quit job. Lucas was always overrated. Most fans don't know nothing. All Lucas had was a punch. I had him losing to Zab. He got out-boxed by Danny Garcia, a slow fighter.
        Yep, even as late as last Friday folks were saying that Matthyse was the best at 140 and Postol had no chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
          Like I always say, size negates skill. It's a fact. Some posters on here have tried to argue that fact to me, before. Postol's size was too much for LM. Postol isn't even a puncher. I picked him to win mainly because of his size advantage. This is why Hopkins beat Trinidad, Wright, Hoya, and Pavlik. It was size more than skill. Get me?
          But the fightnight weights were 151 Matthysse and 148 Postol. Postol is just taller, not bigger. A skinny tall dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post
            But the fightnight weights were 151 Matthysse and 148 Postol. Postol is just taller, not bigger. A skinny tall dude.
            GOD-FR33, there are tall(er) fighters in every division.

Always has been.

Everyone who fights Postol will have the exact same problem.

That doesn't make it unfair.

Comment

• Don't believe it.......

Originally posted by Tobi.G View Post

After the whole Floyd deception of punch stats, compu box, and fight night weights, you should know better. There is no way they were the same size, man. It's common sense. Postol was at least 155lbs. LM punches like a mule and he hit Postol with a couple KO punches. Size and weight allowed Postol to absorb those punches, not his chin. He does not have the best chin or power. He was able to break LM down because he was BIGGER. It's that simple. It's been happening since the beginning of the sport. Size negates skill. Why do you think Hopkins was able to stop Oscar? Because of his power? Hell no. It was his natural size advantage. His punches to the head did not affect Oscar, his body punch, paralyzed him! Again, it was Hopkin's size advantage that did that, not his punching power.
              Last edited by GOD-FR33; 10-06-2015, 10:02 AM. Reason: Words....

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                After the whole Floyd deception of punch stats, compu box, and fight night weights, you should know better. There is no way they were the same size, man. It's common sense. Postol was at least 155lbs. LM punches like a mule and he hit Postol with a couple KO punches. Size and weight allowed Postol to absorb those punches, not his chin. He does not have the best chin or power. He was able to break LM down because he was BIGGER. It's that simple. It's been happening since the beginning of the sport. Size negates skill. Why do you think Hopkins was able to stop Oscar? Because of his power? Hell no. It was his natural size advantage. His punches to the head did not affect Oscar, his body punch, paralyzed him! Again, it was Hopkin's size advantage that did that, not his punching power.
                You sound like you watched your first boxing match yesterday.

Comment

• Postol won the intricate dirty tactic war. Matthysse went to ol reliable the back of the head rabbit shot all night long. He landed it flush and loaded up on it in the clinches. I'm sure he was feeling pretty smug thinking he was going to have Postol cloudy and dazed. Little did he know Postol had his own bag of dirty tricks. Little suddle eye pokes early, followed by shoulders to the face as Postol closed distance. Postols cheat game was on point tonight, capped off with a brilliant head butt in the 7th that completely changed the momentum. It completely stunned Matthysse and he could never recover. He sloshed around in there the next 2 rounds and finally was put down by a flush eye shot that had Matthysse thinking his retina detached. Lucas was there on his knees unhurt by light punching Postol but waiting for his vision to return. It didn't and he stayed on his knee. Quit? Eh I don't know about that. He could have gotten up and sloshed around some more but he was clearly out of it after the head butt in the 7th. Postol has one hell of a weapon on his shoulders. Its like an amazing rock that absorbs rabbid punches and can be used to ram power punching opponents into submission. Postol's head is a force to be reckoned with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                    Postol won the intricate dirty tactic war. Matthysse went to ol reliable the back of the head rabbit shot all night long. He landed it flush and loaded up on it in the clinches. I'm sure he was feeling pretty smug thinking he was going to have Postol cloudy and dazed. Little did he know Postol had his own bag of dirty tricks. Little suddle eye pokes early, followed by shoulders to the face as Postol closed distance. Postols cheat game was on point tonight, capped off with a brilliant head butt in the 7th that completely changed the momentum. It completely stunned Matthysse and he could never recover. He sloshed around in there the next 2 rounds and finally was put down by a flush eye shot that had Matthysse thinking his retina detached. Lucas was there on his knees unhurt by light punching Postol but waiting for his vision to return. It didn't and he stayed on his knee. Quit? Eh I don't know about that. He could have gotten up and sloshed around some more but he was clearly out of it after the head butt in the 7th. Postol has one hell of a weapon on his shoulders. Its like an amazing rock that absorbs rabbid punches and can be used to ram power punching opponents into submission. Postol's head is a force to be reckoned with.
                    A lot of that had to do with how the styles meshed. That was a difficult awkward messy fight for Matthyse due to Postols style and length. Matthyse style will get him into fights like this, and he made hard work of it.

Comment

Working...
                    X