No announcement yet.

Pacquiao-Algieri Prefight & Postfight discussion & analysis thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TMNTForever View Post
    Cutting off the ring is very simple. It's lateral movement. That's it. Nothing special about it. Very basic.

It's very obvious that Pacquiao has lateral movement. His bread and butter shot is the straight left coming straight down the pipe and that's the shot he's looking for. Cutting off the ring from his southpaw stance against an orthodox stance is counter productive to the shots he's looking for.

You could tell he was trying to catch Algieri down the middle while Algieri was moving and that's exactly what happened.

People with Mayweather avatars or Mayweather inspired screen names think they're being slick when they bring up this stuff about cutting off the ring. "Pac can't cut off the ring"etc. And it's funny because he was cutting the ring off from Bradley plenty of times in the rematch.

Nobody is calling for your head. Just calling you out for a misdirected critique of boxing.
    preach my brotha

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
      ******FAO Mods - Please delete or consolidate thread with post fight sticky thread (that I was unaware of), Apologies, PB32*********

Did anyone else notice that? I don't remember ever seeing Manny have this problem to such an extent before.

For all his speed and deft movement, Pacquiao is pretty average at cutting off the ring. It's never been his strongest point but it was very obvious vs Algeiri.

It really surprised me that Manny appeared to be having trouble cutting off the ring against Chris Algieri, It looked like he was merely following Chris around the ring at times.

Are Mannys legs going?

******FAO Mods - Please delete or consolidate thread with post fight sticky thread (that I was unaware of), Apologies, PB32*********
      HaHa, yeah the scores and knockdowns clearly show what a nightmare he had

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        You know nothing about being in the ring and how to cut it off, so don't comment.

Thanks
        You know nothing about being in the ring with Chris and how to cut it off, so don't comment.

Thanks

Comment

• Pacquiao was breathing from his mouth by the 4th round.

Comment

• Originally posted by AgainstTheRopes View Post
            Pacquiao was breathing from his mouth by the 4th round.
            What's your point? You're not actually suggesting he was tired at any point or lacking stamina, are you?

Comment

Working...
            X