Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who actually deserves next shot at Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stooping down to Floyd's standards, either Maidana, Khan or Matthew Hatton I guess lol. I'd rather see Maidana or Thurman (who I believe would be the best choice talent wise) get it. Even though Thurman needs one win over Maidana or another top fighter to get it. I'm just so tired of these fighters promising they will try everything in order to beat Floyd but once fight night comes their balls shrink. Wth Maida you know you will get your PPV moneys worth because he will try to go for the kill.

Comment

Bradley or Garcia I would say, but apparently Danny doesn't want it yet does he, so I guess Bradley. I would like to see him rematch Pac first in all honesty but if Tim did that first and lost then his Floyd fight doesn't look so good, if he rematched Pac and beats him for real then definitely Tim Bradley. Maybe Garcia when he's ready too...

Comment

thurman and garcia each need one more big win at welterweight. maidana's recent form is probably the best, but he would probably lose every second of every round against mayweather. khan is just a filler fight, i think, while the mayweather camp wait for a viable opponent to appear (probably garcia.)

Comment

This is easy,the only guys who are capable of beating him in and around his weight are GGG,Martinez or Manny.anyone else and it's a cherry pick or a duck.will these fights happen ? Hell no.probably the most likely reason Floyd aligned with Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
            Certainly not Khan.

Rule out anyone above 147 as Floyd is a welter (at most).

Who does that leave?

As the top 140lber, Garcia might qualify but he doesn't appear to want that fight and, until he wins at welter, many would criticise Floyd for "picking on a smaller guy" - even though it would not be the case!

So probably eeds to be holder of another version of title or, at least, a top-ranked welter.

Rule out Bradley or Pacquiao as, although the best 2 fights out there, they are with Top Rank.

Who is left?

Maidana?
            If we are talking about deserves as in earned then I would say

The HOT pick right now is Maidana.

The HONEST pick would be Bradley because of his streak.

This doesnt mean I wouldnt rather see any other the other WWs against May. Purely talking about who deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
              This is easy,the only guys who are capable of beating him in and around his weight are GGG,Martinez or Manny.anyone else and it's a cherry pick or a duck.will these fights happen ? Hell no.probably the most likely reason Floyd aligned with Showtime.
              The question is who deserves a shot and tell me, what has golovkin done to deserve a shot?

Comment

In a dream scenario pacman,and Danny garcia in reality

Comment

The obvious answer to this simple question is Pacquiao. But Floyd doesn't want any part of it.

At this point, about anybody but Khan.

Comment

I believe he should fight Sergio and if he wins then pacquiao.

Comment

Unfortunately Thurman and Garcia are one big win away of being a legit contender.

Bradley is the obvious choice and Pac will always be in the mix. Floyd only goes to 154 for lucrative fights.

Maidana has fought his way into the picture

Comment

Working...
                      X