No announcement yet.

Oliver McCall ... Best Chin Ever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mccall was amazing.

I will pick the best version of him over any version of Wlad. He will walk Wlad down and ko him.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
      Mccall was amazing.

I will pick the best version of him over any version of Wlad. He will walk Wlad down and ko him.
      Agreed

He's the worst kind of match up for Wlad ... he has arguably the best chin ever and thunderous power in his right hand ... He'd show no respect to Wlad and catch him with the same shot he caught his predecessor, Lennox Lewis with, and put him to sleep.

Anyone with a great chin and good power would be a huge threat to Wlad

Comment

He probably did, he still takes hiuge shots even now with zero fuss! This guy took the best shots some of the best punchers ever threw and never flinched really...

Comment

Originally posted by TysonBomb View Post
          I think Hagler and McCall are pretty much in the same class ... but I'd give it to McCall because he's a heavyweight.

And because he literally walked through Lennox Lewis' punches like they were nothing ... remember the second Lewis fight? He was standing there, sobbing and having a mental break down with his hands to his sides getting clocked by Lennox. I've never seen anything like that ... and Lennox is a huge puncher ... and so are guys like Bert Cooper, Frank Bruno, Tony Tucker, Buster Douglas and Iron Mike (whom he sparred over 300 rounds with and Tyson couldn't put a dent in him).

He fought recently last year and has had his chin hold up into his mid 40s! I mean if Hagler is anatomically more able to take strikes to the head then McCall is not even human. I remember him sparring Shaq on that show and 7'1" 350 lbs Shaquille O'Neal couldn't crack that guy.

I don't even think freaking Foreman or Shavers could KO that guy

Vitali SAW all of those shots coming which is why he was able to survive. Prime Lennox would get the KO over him instead of the TKO. Vitali was visibly hurt from some of them but shots from the same guy couldn't even make McCall flinch.

Sanders would've had Vitali out of there if he was younger and in his prime.
          This is what's wrong with Klitschko haters, they select and exxagerate facts useful to demeaning the K's, but ignore all other facts along with reason itself. Lennox was 37, the age when Vitali was at his peak. Frankly, based on visual performance and punch output, it was likely very near to Lennox's peak as well, as many tall, hard punching HW's don't reach their peak until mid 30's, and Lewis was operating on a level in that era higher than he had been earlier. Your disrespect of ATG's is disgusting, and could be equally applied in such ways as saying Louis was fighting a "walking corpse" in Schmeling, or Ali against a past prime invalid Frazier (who had earlier lost vision in one eye, never to gain it back). Of course, Schmeling and Frazier were ATG's and their performances deserve much more respect than that, but so did Lennox Lewis's. Of course, Ali and Louis were lucky enough to rematch the victors, and win the second time around. Vitali did indisputably better than Louis or Ali in those respective first fights, but Lewis chose to retire rather than see what would happen in the rematch.

As far as Sanders goes, it was clearly not a knockdown. He grabbed and pushed VK while he had his leg at the side/behind VK, hence the slip. If you count that as a "knockdown", I'm sure we can find "knockdowns" in any fighters career where they were tackled etc, went down not from a punch. Meanwhile, Sanders was at his peak, he took shots much better at that stage of his career than he had earlier (again, benefit of age and weight gained). Had he been youger and lighter, the shots VK gave him would have stopped his assault, which would have had less power behind it anyway. Suggesting VK was "gone" against Sanders is really laughable, like sayiing Ali was "gone" against Chuck Wepner, or any time a clearly superior fighter was hurt by a lesser fighter. This is the only example in all VK's pro fights you can even find he was hurt, its sad K haters grasp at such staws.

As far as greatest chin of all time, VK should be ranked highest among top 25 HW champs, followed by Ali, followed by Holmes. Considering how many more shots McCall has taken than those champs, he should be ranked higher if we're talking about top 100 all time, maybe as the best, with Valuev as an honorable mention.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewa1 View Post
            This is what's wrong with Klitschko haters, they select and exxagerate facts useful to demeaning the K's, but ignore all other facts along with reason itself. Lennox was 37, the age when Vitali was at his peak. Frankly, based on visual performance and punch output, it was likely very near to Lennox's peak as well, as many tall, hard punching HW's don't reach their peak until mid 30's, and Lewis was operating on a level in that era higher than he had been earlier. Your disrespect of ATG's is disgusting, and could be equally applied in such ways as saying Louis was fighting a "walking corpse" in Schmeling, or Ali against a past prime invalid Frazier (who had earlier lost vision in one eye, never to gain it back). Of course, Schmeling and Frazier were ATG's and their performances deserve much more respect than that, but so did Lennox Lewis's. Of course, Ali and Louis were lucky enough to rematch the victors, and win the second time around. Vitali did indisputably better than Louis or Ali in those respective first fights, but Lewis chose to retire rather than see what would happen in the rematch.

As far as Sanders goes, it was clearly not a knockdown. He grabbed and pushed VK while he had his leg at the side/behind VK, hence the slip. If you count that as a "knockdown", I'm sure we can find "knockdowns" in any fighters career where they were tackled etc, went down not from a punch. Meanwhile, Sanders was at his peak, he took shots much better at that stage of his career than he had earlier (again, benefit of age and weight gained). Had he been youger and lighter, the shots VK gave him would have stopped his assault, which would have had less power behind it anyway. Suggesting VK was "gone" against Sanders is really laughable, like sayiing Ali was "gone" against Chuck Wepner, or any time a clearly superior fighter was hurt by a lesser fighter. This is the only example in all VK's pro fights you can even find he was hurt, its sad K haters grasp at such staws.

As far as greatest chin of all time, VK should be ranked highest among top 25 HW champs, followed by Ali, followed by Holmes. Considering how many more shots McCall has taken than those champs, he should be ranked higher if we're talking about top 100 all time, maybe as the best, with Valuev as an honorable mention.
            Valuev? Not even in the same ballpark.

Comment

Best I ever saw with my own eyes

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                Mccall was amazing.

Maybe, but the worst version of him is pretty bad!

Comment

Not best chin ever but it's up there, with Ali, Foreman, Marciano, Holyfield being higher.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    Not best chin ever but it's up there, with Ali, Foreman, Marciano, Holyfield being higher.
                    Based on what would you say makes their chins 'better' then McCall's ?, could say they was on the same level as McCall but not better, he fought bigger punchers then the majority of those names and never seemed phased by any of them.

Do you think any of those boxers could have Lewis tee off on them and not seem to be effected ?.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                      Based on what would you say makes their chins 'better' then McCall's ?, could say they was on the same level as McCall but not better, he fought bigger punchers then the majority of those names and never seemed phased by any of them.

Do you think any of those boxers could have Lewis tee off on them and not seem to be effected ?.
                      I don't think he fought anyone who hit as hard as Foreman or Shavers or Frazier or Tyson. Plus all the names I posted, fought at a higher level and their chins stood the test. Outside of Lewis, who did Oliver fight that was on that level? Answer is no one. And honestly, there's nothing wrong being ranked in any way below those guys. McCall still probably has a top 10-15 chin, thats damn impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X