Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you imagine if boxing's biggest star was a female?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
    Cotto is not the biggest star in boxing no matter how much pink he wears
    Come on now Larry..... You know nobody would confuse Cotto to be the biggest star in Boxing. That could only be one man at the moment. And Miguelito has no history of slapping up hoes. Lol

Comment

lets be honest,in orer to have a woman boxing star she would have to be a couple of things

1. white
      2. sexyness to a degree,at least somewhat attractive
      3. constantly talks about empowerment of women and faminism

Comment

Man made the Martial Arts.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
          lets be honest,in orer to have a woman boxing star she would have to be a couple of things

1. white
          1. Is wrong. A Latina can pull it off. Maybe even an Asian like a Filipino or something.

Comment

Lets face it man, the US is still primarily white so having a bad ass white chick as the poster child for womens sports its gonna sell. If this were a black of latina chic, no1 would care but because shes tall/blonde & bangable it sells.

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post

1. white
              I agree. Her being attracive makes me like her but the femnist crap makes me want to see her get beat down...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                1. Is wrong. A Latina can pull it off. Maybe even an Asian like a Filipino or something.
                no,ur so wrong

there are PLENTY of female latin boxers,some are pretty attractive to and they get no airplay at all.

theres no way a asian lady boxer could pull it off either

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                  I gotta agree with stax. Even in the olympics the pretty white girls are the only ones that get praised.

Comment

Is OP insinuating Floyd is not a female?

Comment

Proof that most on this forum are teenagers and/or haven't been watching boxing very long. Of course it is not your fault that your Mother and Father did not have you sooner I get that lol

I remember when Lalia Ali was a STAR! I remember when Christy Martin was Popular as well as Mia St. John. The feedback for all of them was very positive if I remember correctly. Anne Wolfe came along a few years later and the Buzz for Women Boxing already died down once Anne Wolfe started to dominate. Yes I do believe that Lalia Ali ducked her but it wasn't much buzz for that fight because Wolfe wasn't as known at the time

With Rousey I don't think the feedback for his is negative besides from Boxing Fans because UFC is using Boxers to build her up, I'm not a fan of that at all because Boxing don't use the UFC for anything. Boxers don't even mention MMA Fighters AT ALL

Also hardcore MMA Fans don't like her because Casuals have no jumped on Rousey bandwagon and they have taken the hype to another level. Once Casuals jump on a fighters Bandwagon, the Hardcore fans tend to back off a bit

Yes as some already posted, being attractive helps. Lalia Ali and Mia St. John was both attractive and that made them popular with the Hardcore fans. If you're not attractive then you have to be very exciting and basically fight like a Man which made Christy Martin and Anne Wolfe Popular. Also in MMA, Cyborg is not attractive but she is exciting to watch because she can get KO's and Exciting Wins. While Meisha Tate and Rousey are popular because of their Looks more than anything else
                      Last edited by sicko; 08-13-2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X