No announcement yet.

The difference between rich and poor countries is science

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The difference between rich and poor countries is science

A week ago I met world renown theoretitcal physicist Michio Kaku and he told me that science has been and will be the key difference between poor and wealthily countries .

Obviously this excludes the small oil rich nations but he claims that India and China are spending more per capita in science that all the current "Western nations:

and "we " will all be second class countries soon enough.

I know here in Aus our Government has cut Science spending by over 50% at the last election which will spend the end for us as a top nation.

Is it the same in your countries and can you all speak Indian ?

Originally posted by Furn View Post
    he claims that India and China are spending more per capita in science that all the current "Western nations:
    that doesn't appear to be true...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...pment_spending

Comment

China & India are cesspits so I don't care how much they're spending. When the majority of their populations aren't starving, I'll believe they're 'ahead'.

Comment

Oh and I'd like to hear his reasoning behind science being the key to poor nations becoming wealthier. As far as I'm concerned, the poorest countries all have one thing in common - a lack of women's rights. Women have to have control of their womb and access to education. Once that happens, the birthrate will decrease and living standards will eventually get better (poverty decreases).

Comment

No it isn't, its power plain and simple.

Comment

just bump this thread and you will get your answer:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=568285

also agree with takingaim.

countries that treat their women better tend to be more successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              that's pretty vague and ambiguous.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                A week ago I met world renown theoretitcal physicist Michio Kaku and he told me that science has been and will be the key difference between poor and wealthily countries .

Obviously this excludes the small oil rich nations but he claims that India and China are spending more per capita in science that all the current "Western nations:

and "we " will all be second class countries soon enough.

I know here in Aus our Government has cut Science spending by over 50% at the last election which will spend the end for us as a top nation.

Is it the same in your countries and can you all speak Indian ?

Comment

"Science" can mean practically anything so yeah. Good work.

If you get to be around elite computer/physics/chemistry/etc guys after a while you start to realize they've spent so much time micro-honing their micro-specialty that they are rather childlike and gullible when analyzing the big social/political picture.
                  Last edited by AviatorShades; 07-04-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Who has more power, Australia or Pakistan? Which of those two is a first world country?

Comment

Working...
                    X