No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton: I Have No Problem Facing Malignaggi in NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton: I Have No Problem Facing Malignaggi in NY

It’s obviously no coincidence Ricky Hatton chose Vyacheslav Senchenko as the opponent for his comeback fight Saturday night in Manchester, England.

It’ll be easy to compare Paulie Malignaggi’s impressive performance against Senchenko with how Hatton fares against the former welterweight champion and build momentum toward a Hatton-Malignaggi rematch.

Hatton (45-2, 32 KOs) soundly defeated Malignaggi (32-4, 7 KOs) in their November 2008 bout in Las Vegas, but Malignaggi maintains he was improperly prepared by former trainer Buddy McGirt for that fight and has since recorded significant victories over Juan Diaz and Senchenko (32-1, 21 KOs). Malignaggi won the WBA welterweight championship from Senchenko, too, so a Malignaggi rematch makes plenty of sense for the 34-year-old Hatton.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hatton beats Paula easily

Hatton is broke and needs money fast. Wee Ricky will travel for a dollar. Paula ain't very good and is a soft puncher so there is zero risk for Hatton of getting hurt or losing.

Comment

Guess if he wins this is the next fight,he figures Paulie is an easy win

Comment

Doesnt matter where, the Brits will be there in full force.

Comment

If it happens I'm going NY for the week

Comment

Senchenko is no pushover! hes a solid fighter! so lets see first what hatton has left!

Comment

Huh. I never would've thought 4 years ago that we'd be talking about a rematch between these guys. Despite the great atmosphere with Hatton's fans, I thought it was a really shitty fight due to Malignaggi's constant holding and negativity. The trash talk in the build-up was fun, but on fight night it was just frustrating to watch such a dodgy match-up.

Oh well. If Malignaggi is right about the McQuit thing, maybe it'll be a better fight than last time. Having watched it a few times since then, I'm convinced that if he had've fought Hatton the way he did in the first round, he would've utterly schooled him via embarrassing UD (but they probably would've robbed Malignaggi, because of the imminent Pacquiao-Hatton match).
              Last edited by PittyPat; 11-21-2012, 03:45 PM.

Comment

The more I hear from Hatton the more I'm convinced this 'comeback' is all about the cash.

Comment

Bob's thought process: Hatton will win his comeback fight, beats Pauli again and then Pac vs Hatton II. Cha-ching-cha-ching.

Best of luck to Hatton, he couldn't have picked any better opposition to look good against. Problem is, he will think he’s back and Pac/Bob will jump on it. Like the Clottey, Margarito and Mosley fights, it will be a disgrace if it happens. Let alone all these guys having to move up to Mr. “eats thousands of calories to make welter weight” Pac at WW.

I can see Bob having Hatton II, Bradley II, Rios, or if JMM wins in December, a 5th fight with JMM lined up.

But let’s play stupid, Bradley is ducking Pac, Floyd is scared, JMM doesn’t have a chance, Hatton will destroy Pac and Bob loves working with Mayweather/GBP!

I hope Hatton wins these two and really calls it a day with a "title".

Comment

I would love this fight to happen so I could make the trip across the pond..

Comment

Working...
                    X