No announcement yet.

floyd's generation of PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• floyd's generation of PPV

without trashtalking, boxers' bashing and proclamation of one's greatness, can floyd generate a great huge of PPV just by relying on his skills?

I Would Buy Every FLoyd Mayweather ppv fight. I dont care who hes fighting... He will always take my money

Comment

How would that work? Especially with 24/7.

Comment

No and the same would apply to any fighter. Charisma sells fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Fudo View Post
          How would that work? Especially with 24/7.
          pac did 24/7 without bashing any fighter and proclaiming himself as the greatest. or promising he would do thi or he would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfanattic View Post
            I Would Buy Every FLoyd Mayweather ppv fight. I dont care who hes fighting... He will always take my money
            pure boxing fans will always enjoy floyds game. how bout the casual fans who expects war basing from trash talking.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              No and the same would apply to any fighter. Charisma sells fights.
              pac has charisma but he never did some WWE-like drama.

Comment

It's generally hard to be a big star in boxing without selling yourself well to the mainstream. Especially in boxing nowadays when it's a diminishing sport in the states.

Pacquiao is an exception, and Tyson as well (he was huge whether he had a better public image such as early in his career or the psycho one he had later). Both Pacquiao and Tyson fought in extremely fan-friendly styles. Others like Leonard and De La Hoya sold big PPVs (or closed-circuit in Leonard's case) due to their clean-cut images and also winning Gold in the Olympics when that got more attention. Foreman sold himself very well with his image when he came back as the old underdog with the cheesy smile who made jokes all the time.

Mayweather actually was told by Bob Arum to have a more clean-cut, smiling, nice-guy image a la Oscar, but I guess he couldn't handle it. He does it for a little bit but eventually his ego and trash talk will come out. If Floyd didn't talk all that trash I don't think he'd be as big of an attraction as he is, but I still think most of his PPVs would do solid numbers regardless provided that the matchup is decent and HBO/GBP does a good job of promoting the fight.

Comment

Is Dawson?
                  Is Spinks?
                  Did Whitaker?

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                    It's generally hard to be a big star in boxing without selling yourself well to the mainstream. Especially in boxing nowadays when it's a diminishing sport in the states.

Pacquiao is an exception, and Tyson as well (he was huge whether he had a better public image such as early in his career or the psycho one he had later). Both Pacquiao and Tyson fought in extremely fan-friendly styles. Others like Leonard and De La Hoya sold big PPVs (or closed-circuit in Leonard's case) due to their clean-cut images and also winning Gold in the Olympics when that got more attention. Foreman sold himself very well with his image when he came back as the old underdog with the cheesy smile who made jokes all the time.

Mayweather actually was told by Bob Arum to have a more clean-cut, smiling, nice-guy image a la Oscar, but I guess he couldn't handle it. He does it for a little bit but eventually his ego and trash talk will come out. If Floyd didn't talk all that trash I don't think he'd be as big of an attraction as he is, but I still think most of his PPVs would do solid numbers regardless provided that the matchup is decent and HBO/GBP does a good job of promoting the fight.
                    nice one. thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X