Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosley-Mayweather: The Strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for me the biggest asset on floyd's arsenal, aside from his defense, is his ability to make his opponent to abandon their game plan. he frustrates his opponents especially in the early rounds by making them miss and move around the ring. if there's one weakness in floyd's game is his tendency to just focus on his defense when he's under attack. he just launch a one or two punch counter and then cover up and try to make his opponent miss. this is one thing that shane could exploit. he should make floyd respect his power early on the fight and find a way to back floyd in the ropes. and while floyd is on a defense mode shane should be smart with his combinations. fake out some of his punches while floyd is weaving and bobbing, he should pick his angles and attack the body as well. his timing and accuracy should be very good though as floyd's reflexes is superb.

Comment

• Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
      I see Floyd starting off with a jab to the body an head over and over because Shanes weakness is a goodjab and hes not skilled enouh to time them. Dont believe me watch the Cotto fight. Cottos jab owned Mosley and kept him at bay and uncomfortable. Floyd does not lead with his jab alot but against Shane as WE ALL KNOW Shane struggles with jabs and Mayweather has a good one.

I see Shane getting hit with that jab to the stomach and getting circled Constantly by Floyd who will not stop moving in this fight. Floyd has the footspeed to dart in and out on Shane and get off punches. I see shane having to sell out to get again and thats when I see him him tryng to bull rush Floyd on the insde during the clinches alot.

Mayweather Like I said will make himself a damn near immpossible target to hit by his constant circling and movement. After a few arounds Floyds lead right will start to connect and along with a jab that is the punch that Shane has no defense for. I think the handspeed edge goes to Mayweather IMO. Shane is fast but I believe in the Cotto fight...Cotto was as fast or faster.

Mayweather will be circling, pot shotting darting in and out and using the shoulder roll which basically gives righties a slim chance to land anything big. Shane will have his moments but they will be few and far between I see him throwing and the crowd cheering but they wont be landing effectively. Shane is a very wide puncher when he wants to be and after he realizes hes down on the cards he'll look for ONE shot and then my friends thats where this fight wil get UGLY for Shane, because Floyd will tag his ass non stop and might even drop Shane a few times. No not because of power but because Floyds accuracy, speed, shanes aggresiveness, his wild swinging and the fact that he punches with his eyes closed. The punches that hurt are the ones you dont see and they can put you on your ass.

Shane has a real dislike for Floyd but he respects him. In the ring I think Shane will be looking for that ONE punch that never happens as Floyd turns his face to a pinata.

Mayweather UD or late corner or ref stoppage.
      Nailed it.
      :burner::burner::burner:

Comment

Working...
      X