No announcement yet.

I blame Sauerland for Kessler's loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
    He was slowed down by the headbutts and holding, and couldn't get into his rhythm.

The headgames about the handwrapping before the fight was another shady ploy by Ward's team.
    Wrong. Ward's angle and jabs threw him off his game. Yes, the clinching and hitting was part of it, but the majority of it was Ward throwing at all different angles. He took away Kessler's one two just like Calzaghe did. Kessler is pretty one dimensional and when you take away that one dimension, he can't adapt either.

Calzaghe did the same thing basically, but it took him longer to figure it out because he didn't have a blueprint. Ward did and Ward had better defense tonight then Calzaghe did for the Kessler fight.

Comment

Without the home referee, the fight would have taken a different direction early on.

Sauerland should never have agreed to Jack Reiss as referee.

Comment

One of the rules of the tournament was the referee is supposed to be from a neutral location.

Jack Weiss let Ward get away with frequent deliberate headbutts and holding Mikkel's arm while hitting. Ward cheated as much as he wanted to, just like I said before the fight.

Sauerland SHOULD NOT HAVE AGREED TO IT, THEY SHOULD HAVE INSISTED ON A NEUTRAL REFEREE. But they were weak and agreed to it.

Ward should have been disqualified for that last nasty headbutt that ended the fight.
        but you have to admit kess fighting all those euroslugs since calzaghe did not help.

Comment

Kessler had no plan B. The expression on his face was the entire night. He didn't know what do. I'm still in shock that he was outclassed this bad by Ward.

I think Kessler can beat Froch and Taylor, but Ward was in his head tonight....literally....those headbutts were obnoxious. You almost never see a guy with numerous marks over BOTH eyes solely from headbutts.

It's going to be a dirty tournament with these guys in the ring:

Andre 'HEADBUTT' Ward
          Carl 'BODYSLAM' Froch
          Andre 'THE RUNNER' Dirrell
          Last edited by ADozenArrows; 11-22-2009, 01:11 AM.

Comment

Without the home referee, the fight would have taken a different direction early on.

Sauerland should never have agreed to Jack Reiss as referee.
            Kessler is not as good as Ward. END OF! Ward is better than Kessler is, was, or EVER will be.

Comment

Originally posted by ADozenArrows View Post
              Kessler had no plan B. The expression on his face was the entire night. He didn't know what do. I'm still in shock that he was outclassed this bad by Ward.

I think Kessler can beat Froch and Taylor, but Ward was in his head tonight....literally....those headbutts were obnoxious. You almost never see a guy with numerous marks over BOTH eyes solely from headbutts.

It's going to be a dirty tournament with these guys in the ring:

Andre 'HEADBUTT' Ward
              Carl 'BODYSLAM' Froch
              Andre 'THE RUNNER' Dirrell
              Dirty fighting only works when you have a home referee.

I wonder what would have happened if Ward tried those deliberate headbutts and holding his opponents arms in the UK or Germany.

Comment

One of the rules of the tournament was the referee is supposed to be from a neutral location.

Jack Weiss let Ward get away with frequent deliberate headbutts and holding Mikkel's arm while hitting. Ward cheated as much as he wanted to, just like I said before the fight.

Sauerland SHOULD NOT HAVE AGREED TO IT, THEY SHOULD HAVE INSISTED ON A NEUTRAL REFEREE. But they were weak and agreed to it.

Ward should have been disqualified for that last nasty headbutt that ended the fight.
                Its a fight not tick tack toe......things get rough in there, its part of Kessler's job to avoid being roughed up in there too.....it was bending the rules a bit but I understand that they are competing in a lethal situation and doing everything they can to win so I have no real problem with someone trying to take advantage as long as its not in excess and it wasn't in my view.

Comment

Ref didnt matter or any of that the fact is kessler is a very good fighter but today ward was too much for him thats all there is to it

Comment

How about blaming Ward for Kesslers loss? He's clearly the better fighter.

Comment

Blame no one but Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X