Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australian Police Take Down Gunman With Rubber Bullets, Showing American Cops How Pol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rights4Gays View Post
    Dumb thing about murricans is that 'We have a tonne of guns' it wouldn't work.

**** that, there's a start to things. If you give up before you start, then you have lost the battle.

Pay 100k for each gun handed in to each citizen. Maximum is 300K per person

i love you like an e-brother, but you're just too silly.

there are probably posters on this very website who own a dozen guns. i've spent time at a cabin with guns literally lining the walls. there were dozens of them.
    every big time drug dealer or criminal in every major city will instantly have six figures or more in capital, and probably a couple of guns that he kept to kill people.

people would be getting killed for their guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      pepper spray is great.

it makes you cough involuntarily for a length of time as well as forces you to tear up, closes your eyes shut and burns your throat.

don't confuse it with mace which is only effective if it hits the eye.

pepper spray is very effective in an aerosol form cause it messes you up in more ways than one.

pepper paintballs is less effective but has good range and you can fire a lot of them. ppl have a tendency to run, scatter, ball up when hit with something. unlike rubber bullets it's not dangerous.

it's just a paintball with pepper powder.
      I've been sprayed with pepper spray, also known as OC (oleoresin capsicum), as part of training. It's really nasty stuff--and it can kill you via asphyxiation--its happened quite a few times in real life situations.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i love you like an e-brother, but you're just too silly.

there are probably posters on this very website who own a dozen guns. i've spent time at a cabin with guns literally lining the walls. there were dozens of them.
        every big time drug dealer or criminal in every major city will instantly have six figures or more in capital, and probably a couple of guns that he kept to kill people.

people would be getting killed for their guns.
        Let the gun owners kill each other, it would solve a gun problem in itself

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Less lethal options are not that effective and to be used effectively requires a lot of things being in place. In the video shown in the OP the person is contained and they are able to get multiple tactical officers on the scene to take him into custody. What you can't see in the video is at least one and probably two marksmen who were ready to shoot him dead if the baton rounds failed.

A taser is not much use for a solo officer. The use it against a dangerous subject you need at least one other officer ready to run in and handcuff the subject after the current stops. More likely is that you will see it deployed with at least two other officers, one of whom will be ready with his gun drawn. Tactical officers will have four tasers trained on the subject from a squad of six, leaving one officer with a gun drawn and another ready with cuffs.

Tasers are really effective at incapacitating people (unless they are really fat or wearing very thick clothing) but stop being effective as soon as the current wears off, which is why the officer has to be ready to subdue the subject.

Pepper spray isn't great and can make people panic. Pepper rounds has the same effect. Baton rounds can be OK but it's rare to see them used against an armed suspect because you need to have about a dozen officers in place for it to be effective.
          I said most shoot/kill. The OP's video and post suggested disarming in this way could be utilised more, I'm merely supporting that suggestion.

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          When a video is posted of a person getting shot by cops for carrying a firearm or other weapon in the streets, I always have the same take on it, the person deserved it.

When cops kill, or beat up on unarmed people, I always have the same take on it, the cops were ******ed and should get locked up.

Never have I complained about cops killing an armed person. You are in the streets waiving a real gun, toy gun, or any type of gun excluding a Super Soaker, the cops have all the right in the world to keep the public safe and shoot you down, even kill you.
          Kev, the post was on a public forum with numerous viewers. It did not require a reply as if it were directed at and requiring a reply from you specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by Kris Silver View Post
            I said most shoot/kill. The OP's video and post suggested disarming in this way could be utilised more, I'm merely supporting that suggestion.
            It's not always practical to do so. Mobilising that many tactical officers and being able to guarantee everybody's safety while they do so is usually not an option. Police near me recently had a plain clothes officer talk down a man with a machete without even the need for baton rounds or anything. He gave himself up.

Such incidents are in the minority.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              It's not always practical to do so. Mobilising that many tactical officers and being able to guarantee everybody's safety while they do so is usually not an option. Police near me recently had a plain clothes officer talk down a man with a machete without even the need for baton rounds or anything. He gave himself up.

Such incidents are in the minority.
              I didn't say always.

I'm just saying that taser utilisation is on the increase, and I agree with the growth in utilisation. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24029706
              Last edited by Kris Silver; 01-26-2014, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X