No announcement yet.

Stick a fork in him, Burns is Done

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can i say.. his fire Burns out?

It happens to lots of fighters with his sort of style because he eats a lot of punches to land his own, that usually means you are usually only at your peak for a short time in your career before you start deteriorating fast.. he's entertaining to watch though so maybe he's got a year or two left against lesser opposition before he hangs them up..

Comment

"Stick a fork in him" is a pretty cruel term for a supposed Burns fan OP.

The broken jaw in the 3rd or 4th round of the Beltran fight has done for Burns. I think he's hanging on to something that isn't there anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        He was never that good to begin with. I don't know why people romanticise over him

nationalism.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
          What can i say.. his fire Burns out?

It happens to lots of fighters with his sort of style because he eats a lot of punches to land his own, that usually means you are usually only at your peak for a short time in your career before you start deteriorating fast.. he's entertaining to watch though so maybe he's got a year or two left against lesser opposition before he hangs them up..
          Accurate assessment, it's sad but true. Guys who are often entertaining have the shortest primes.

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

The broken jaw in the 3rd or 4th round of the Beltran fight has done for Burns. I think he's hanging on to something that isn't there anymore.
          what's cruel about the term? it's simply a figure of speech.

Originally posted by New England View Post
          nationalism.
          lol no, he had a damn good run against damn good fighters. keep hating though "boxing fan".

Comment

Been a great ride but it looks like Ricky is finished im afraid. He never hit the p4p ranks or had real dominance in any division but he was the top LW in the world at one point and he was in some good fights both domestic and on the world scene. I'd like to see him hang em up now with his health in check, money in the bank, world title reigns in 2 divisions, big fight nights in the UK all under his belt so he can retire with his head held high. Burns has his whole life ahead of him dont spend it getting beaten by guys he'd have beaten at his best.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
              Accurate assessment, it's sad but true. Guys who are often entertaining have the shortest primes.

what's cruel about the term? it's simply a figure of speech.

lol no, he had a damn good run against damn good fighters. keep hating though "boxing fan".

he had a good run. he made money, won alphabet world titles.
              damn good? huge stretch. he lost to the best fighters he faced.

ray beltran, a journeyman, and sparring partner for manny pacquiao, should have a W over him, for instance. he broke the dude's jaw, ffs. that doesn't happen to a "damn good" fighter.

most of his wins are over complete nobodies in the context of "world level" boxing.

it's nationalism that leads you to be a fan of his. the guy would be just another man in vegas, new york, southern california boxing circles.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post

Jose Gonzalez was taking it to him in the fight before Beltran as well. Burns has been having issues for a while.

Comment

Working...
                X