No announcement yet.

Tony Thompson vs. Carlos Takam discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Thompson vs. Carlos Takam discussion thread

Fearless HW ring warrior Tony Thompson will face up-and-coming Carlos Takam in France.

In an era of cautious matchmaking and a time when many boxers have been afraid to leave their home country, Thompson has always been willing to fight anybody anywhere.

Although he's slowing with age, the 6'5" Thompson is still very strong and crafty, and not an easy opponent for anyone.
    Thompson
    53.85%
    Takam
    46.15%

The poll is expired.

Going with Takam on this one. Thinking he stops Tony late.

Comment

Hoping Takam can pull another upset!

Comment

I'm pulling for Tony in this one.

Comment

A good fight

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
            Fearless HW ring warrior Tony Thompson will face up-and-coming Carlos Takam in France.

In an era of cautious matchmaking and a time when many boxers have been afraid to leave their home country, Thompson has always been willing to fight anybody anywhere.

Although he's slowing with age, the 6'5" Thompson is still very strong and crafty, and not an easy opponent for anyone.
            Good fight. Going with Thompson here.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
              Thompson 122.5 kg (270 pounds)
              Takam 116.6 kg (257 pounds)

Weigh-in photo: https://twitter.com/OutsiderFrance/s...466752/photo/1
              was going to go with TT by close decision until I saw his weight

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014
                Thompson 122.5 kg (270 pounds)
                Takam 116.6 kg (257 pounds)

Weigh-in photo: https://twitter.com/OutsiderFrance/s...466752/photo/1
                Tony is crazy to come at this weight when taking in account his stamina issues.

I would suggest that he will maybe try to defend ( block the shots and get on the ropes) for the first 3-4 rounds and then get to Takam.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post

I really like Thompson's warrior attitude. Top contenders should have his mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Eisenfaust View Post
                    I really like Thompson's warrior attitude. Top contenders should have his mentality.
                    I also respect TT for taking on all comers even in there home towns but it irks me that he clearly doesnt condition himself properly. I know he doesnt have the body type to have those 6 pack abs but 260-270 is ridiculously too high for him

Comment

Working...
                    X