Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking the top 10 QB's of Modern Times.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You put Aaron Rodgers on the list after only like 5-6 seasons and included Brees.....and you don't include Marino or 2x Super Bowl Champion and Top 10 lifetime QBR Ben Roethlisberger. SMH.........

1. Montana
    2. Brady
    3. Manning
    4. Bradshaw
    5. Elway
    6. Favre
    7. Marino
    8. Young
    9. Aikman
    10. Roethlisberger

Rodgers hasn't had enough good seasons yet, he's not as seasoned as those Ben or Brees. I do believe Brees is overrated though. He throws more then anyone in the NFL, his numbers are greatly inflated. He's won the ring, but his playoff record is 6-5 which is decent, but he's only really made a deep run that one year he won the SB. Also only 6 of his 12 seasons did he make the playoffs.

Rodgers hasn't had enough time yet. He's only started for 6 seasons, and missed significant time in his 6th one. Also his playoff record is 5-4. He hasn't accomplished as much as Ben has.

Roethlisberger has not only won 2 Super Bowls, been to a third, and has the 4th highest winning % for a QB ever......he's also Top 10 All Time in completion %, #9 All Time in QBR, 10-4 playoff record, and has a QBR rating of 90 or above in 8 of 10 seasons so far. He's consistent every year and has accomplished more then those other two.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 02-23-2014, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Montana is basically god. Some of the others had their chance to get on the same level and failed, even though they're playing in an era that favors the offense so heavily.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
        Montana is basically god. Some of the others had their chance to get on the same level and failed, even though they're playing in an era that favors the offense so heavily.
        If Brady ever gets that 4th ring, you could certainly make the case.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          If Brady ever gets that 4th ring, you could certainly make the case.
          I think most realize it'll likely never happen at this point. The dynasty is much diminished.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            I think most realize it'll likely never happen at this point. The dynasty is much diminished.
            If it wasn't for Welker dropping a pass, and Eli's miracle, he'd have 5. But I agree. I can't see Brady and the Patriots winning the Super Bowl in the next few years.

Comment

favre is my all time favorite, never lived in wisconsin but had to watch every packers game since i started watching football because of him. i followed him when he went to the jets and vikings. i don't care if he only got 1 ring, if i had to choose 1 QB of all those i would go with the gunslinger

btw, i think favre would be A LOT higher on these GOAT QB lists if he got his 2nd ring. he was close but choked in the 07' and 09' NFC CHAMP. games......

Comment

About Marino...

Like I said previously, Dan Marino (in my view) is simply the greatest pocket-passer in NFL history. He also owns or (at some point) owned several passing records and by most measures was a great HOF quarterback. He is easily and most definately among the all time top 15.

Why he didn't make my top (formatted limit) 10: I decided that a common denominator among the elite must be at least one Super Bowl ring. Sadly, in his only SB appearance, he failed to win.

Like Manning vs Russell prior to the last SB, Marino was the favored gunslingin' QB in his showdown vs Montana. The final results were similar... However, one glaring difference between Marino and Manning - the latter has led his team to one Super Bowl victory.

Comment

Poll Consensus Top 10:
                  1. Joe Montana
                  2. Tom Brady
                  3. Peyton Manning
                  4. Steve Young
                  5. John Elway
                  6. Brett Favre
                  7. Troy Aikman
                  8. Terry Bradshaw
                  9. Drew Brees
                  10. Aaron Rodgers

Comment

1.Montana
                    2.Brady
                    3.Elway
                    4.Unitas
                    5.Manning
                    6.Young
                    7.Marino
                    8.Favre
                    9.Staubach
                    10.Bradshaw

Comment

I think Montana gets overrated, not saying he's a bad qb he's a legend but the GOAT?

I think Brady, Manning, Marino where better qb's if you wanna get technical instead of only the ring argument, you could see who each player had to work with in there careers, and individual stats. If you really want you could make a argument Steve Young was a better qb too.

Comment

Working...
                      X