No announcement yet.

NWO: Pavlik

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Pavlik

Now he's thinking about staying at 160 instead of moving up. His decision to jump after the Martinez lost was based on weight issues, and he was sacrificing an immediate rematch for the MW title because of it. If he were to stay there, he's got Martinez 2, Williams (if he don't go down in weight himself), and possibly Sturm (who might be thinking of a Cintron fight).

At 168, he's frozen out of big fights because of the tournament and the network barrier, sans Bute of course. Steiglitz still has a belt. Bika's still around too.

I don't see too bright of a future for him right now, no matter which way he opts to go.

How do you think he does against any of these guys right now?
    How would he do against any of the super 6 participants?

Pavlik is not and never was a world beater.

Any illusion of this was created by his win over Taylor who was made to look better than he was by scraping by in 2 close decisions against Hopkins because Bernard just got old.

Pavlik won't beat anyone good at 168.

Comment

Kelly has a great chance of beating fighter who'll stand in front of him. I think he has a chance, even if slight, against AA, Froch, & Kessler. Fighters like Ward, Dirrell, & Bute all outbox him.

In the fight against B Hop, he lost alot of confidence that he'll never regain.

Comment

Originally posted by Toda Caine View Post
        Kelly has a great chance of beating fighter who'll stand in front of him. I think he has a chance, even if slight, against AA, Froch, & Kessler. Fighters like Ward, Dirrell, & Bute all outbox him.

This right here. I agree 100%. I think he could definitely pull one out against Froch & Abraham because they will stay in front of him and he still has height & reach on them. Kessler would be a freakin war and I have no idea who wins that fight.

I think he could beat Williams though unless Williams fights smart for once. As for what I think he should do, I think he should stay at 160 until the Super 6 is done and over with. Rematch Martinez and then fight Williams. It's his only way of really staying relevant. Take a chance, and if he just so happens to beat them, he goes up to 168 with the chance of adding more to his resume if he can beat some solid 168 guys.

I still have some faith in him.

Comment

Pavlik is going nowhere fast. If he chose to rematch Martinez, drained or not, he's not winning that fight. I wonder if Williams would even bother wasting anymore time on him at this point. Hopkins exposed him as a guy who can be outboxed by anybody with speed and footwork. Size didn't have anything to do with that schooling imo. And he's been hurt enough times that I can see the best SMW's knocking him out. Steiglitz is the least formidable guy at 168. If he wants to go there, try and get Steiglitz. Other than that, no good options for Pavlik. Looks like his 15 minutes are up.

Comment

Fuck Pavlik. Glad Martinez kicked his ass. He'll get it at 168 against the best guys there too. Steiglitz is there for the takin, but thats all. And Pwill fucks him up at 160 too if they ever do fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Toda Caine View Post

I also think so.

Comment

Working...
              X