This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xfrodobagginsx View Post
    You don't get it. If you go into any King's kingdom and reject Him and refuse to obey His laws, you will be arrested and put in prison for treason. The only way out of going to prison is if the King Pardon's you and you are willing to accept His pardon.

That's how it is with God. All sins are crimes against God, it's rebelling against His laws. When you reject Jesus Christ, you commit treason against God. The punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who reject the King. If you accept the pardon for your crimes that He has provided through suffering a horrible death, you will be saved. God is loving and doesn't want you to go to hell, or He wouldn't have sent His only Son to die for you so that, if you choose to, you can be pardoned. I choose to accept it. If you refuse to accept the pardon you will have to pay for your crimes by going to prison. The problem is that this prison is unimaginably horrifying with untold horror and lasts forever because God can't use someone who refuses to believe Him.
    And there it is folks! The batshit lunacy of religion in a nutshell.

Comment

You don't get it. If you go into any King's kingdom and reject Him and refuse to obey His laws, you will be arrested and put in prison for treason. The only way out of going to prison is if the King Pardon's you and you are willing to accept His pardon.
      The only "kingdom" where this currently applies in the world is North Korea. I come from a Kingdom and believe me there are no rules about having to accept the monarch as your personal saviour.

That's how it is with God. All sins are crimes against God, it's rebelling against His laws. When you reject Jesus Christ, you commit treason against God. The punishment is hell, which is a prison for those who reject the King. If you accept the pardon for your crimes that He has provided through suffering a horrible death, you will be saved. God is loving and doesn't want you to go to hell, or He wouldn't have sent His only Son to die for you so that, if you choose to, you can be pardoned. I choose to accept it. If you refuse to accept the pardon you will have to pay for your crimes by going to prison. The problem is that this prison is unimaginably horrifying with untold horror and lasts forever because God can't use someone who refuses to believe Him.
      Are there goblins? I hope there aren't goblins, those guys are dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
        And there it is folks! The batshit lunacy of religion in a nutshell.
        1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.....25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Comment

1Co 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 1Co 1:21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 1Co 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.....25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
          "Nothing gets in, nothing gets out. Never seen a mind so turned in on itself."

Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

Comment

• There is no heaven, there is no afterlife. This is it, your one chance at life. It's like a light switch being turned off when you die - light's out. game over

Comment

The ox knows its master, the donkey its owner's manger, but Israel does not know, my people do not understand."
              Isaiah 1:3

Comment

• Jesus fulfilled hundreds of prophecies, He healed the sick, He made the blind to see, He made the lame to walk, He walked on water, He turned water into wine, He raised the dead, He predicted His own death, burial and resurrection, then He died and rose again. By doing so, He proved that He is God in the flesh.

Comment

He proved that He is God in the flesh.
                  I thought he was gods son? Who do I beg to for mercy in my last days?

Comment

Jesus fulfilled hundreds of prophecies, He healed the sick, He made the blind to see, He made the lame to walk, He walked on water, He turned water into wine, He raised the dead, He predicted His own death, burial and resurrection, then He died and rose again. By doing so, He proved that He is God in the flesh.
                    He fulfilled hundreds of prophecies...

...you listed 9.
                    Healing the sick, healing the blind, and healing the lame are basically the same thing.
                    Walking on water...magicians do that all the time now. Great trick tho.
                    Water into wine. I'll give you. Although id prefer whiskey or beer.
                    Raising the dead. Lets face it, they probably werent that dead. If they were really rotting then id warm to the idea.
                    Predicting his own death. Well, i predict i will die in less than 50 years. Not impressive.
                    And predicting his burial and resurrection and dying and rising from the grave are the same thing.

So we are left with...

Jesus proved he was God because he healed people. Made some wine. Woke up some people who looked dead, and then played dead himself for a while.

I think ive done everything apart from make wine.

And talking about healing the sick, i was reminded i had a dream last night about meeting George Clooney (Dr Doug Ross in ER). I harassed him for a bit about gravity then decided to buy 4 Mars bars from some indian bloke who had the most severe security barriers ive ever seen in news agents, haggled over the price and ended up paying about 4 pounds which is a bloody rip off, and all the while i was thinking about how im allergic to dairy milk chocolate.

Comment

• Rick. Make me mod.....I'll delete garbage like this. No offense to Reedy but a religion sticky? Wtf.

Way too much compromise

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
                      Last edited by Run; 10-25-2014, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X