No announcement yet.

The Last Five Fighters of The Decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    damn no love for marvelous marvin in the 80s at least?...lol....it took srl 5 years to get up enough courage to fight a faded marvin....lol

srl-hagler-holmes 1a, 1b, 1c...srl had more higher profile fights, but too much retiring and unretiring for my taste...holmes and hagler fought in obscurity for years, but those cats didn't have the luxuries srl had, and had to go through evvvverybody to get some shine...
    Sorry, hagler at least deserved a mention,, i totally agree, but his resume wasnt as stacked as SRL, just slightly behind,, plus he lost to SRL,,,, SRL waited him out or not,,, SRL was the only guy to beat hagler in the 80s

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    With that being said Ali ran the 60s, I would give...........Duran the 70s, SRL the 80s, Roy the 90s, Manny/Floyd the 2000s and 2010 will be.........I can't tell who is going to take the mantle after Floyd and Manny retire. Time will tell I guess.

It's hilarious how almost everyone sans maybe 2 users in the first 3 pages that said "red k sent" all perpetuate the same bigoted shtick. It was only missing junior-gong and cupocity.
    I think you gotta give manny from 2000-09,,, floyd's best wins were in the 1990s and 2010 on,, I think floyd will win this decade if he beats say garcia, bradley, manny, khan, broner,,
    But manny's wins over MAB twice, JMM twice, morales twice, hatton, cotto, oscar, diaz, solis,plus those guys titlist he beat pre-MAB, larios,, etc,, Manny just has more big time wins than floyd over that period, floyd had great wins over corrales, chavez, famoso, JLC twice, zab, baldomir, oscar hatton,, some great wins but nothing that compares to stopping a prime MAB or stopping morales, or beating jmm,,,,, and add in destruction of hatton and cotto and its gotta be manny fighter of the decade,,,,, Floyd had a chance if he didnt "retire" but like i said floyd is going to win this decade with wins over shane, ortiz, cotto, ghost, canelo, khan, bradley, broner, garcia, etc,,, floyd retires undefeated he has this decade on lock...

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Sorry, hagler at least deserved a mention,, i totally agree, but his resume wasnt as stacked as SRL, just slightly behind,, plus he lost to SRL,,,, SRL waited him out or not,,, SRL was the only guy to beat hagler in the 80s

biasedly speaking...lol

i disagree with srl's resume being more stacked than marv...160 was just as deep as 147, maybe deeper, in the 70's and 80's...marvelous marv...60 plus total fights...all losses (and draws) avenged except for the srl split decision (srl welched on the rematch)...hagler had to fight the whole cavalry just to get a title shot...

...marv was 60 plus fights and two wars with hearns and mugabi deep before srl decided it was safe to come out of hiding...srl 40 total fights with about three total layoffs/comebacks....srl's high profile wins/retiring/unretiring, and marv's longevity in owning the 160lb division offset imo...
      Last edited by djtmal; 11-11-2013, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X