Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you honestly believe Kovalaev could stop jean pascal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bute landed like 44 punches on Pascal in the last round of their fight, now imagine if had been Kovalev hitting him. Froch doesn't hit remotely close to as hard as Kovalev does, Froch doesn't really have one-punch knockout power (unless it's from a body punch).

Froch has 4 knockouts in his last 11 fights, one of them was controversial (Groves), another was against a glass-chinned Bute (had already been KO'd by Andrade), a shot punch-drunk middleweight, and a punch-drunk journeyman called Yusaf Mack. No, he's power is not remotely close to Kovalev, but because of his bravado and sound chin he can get in good positions to land his punches.

If Pascal show the same **** defense he's showed in his last few fights he won't make it past the first five. Pascal is also an average puncher at best (1 TKO in his last 7 fights and 3 in his last 13 fights) his best shot is to run, smother, and try to outwork Kovalev; he doesn't have a puncher's chance because he's not much of a puncher to begin with.

Comment

I would actually pick Pascal to win this fight..I really think Pascal movement and awkward style would trouble Kov a bit..

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        He may not win, but for the moment lets say he does win. No one stops Jean pascal. Has he ever been down?

Pascal couldnt get stopped from dawson to Bute.

Surely this would be a real test of his power
        absolutely, dawson had him in trouble when he got that charity stoppage. kovalev would destroy the same way he did to agnew except by the 9th. pascal is a 4 round fighter said bhop

Comment

Pascal was stunned by Hopkins, hurt by Chad Dawson, hurt badly by the "no-confidence" Bute, and has crap stamina still.

Kovalev stops him in like 4 or 5.

Comment

If Pascal didn't get caught cold early, he would be worn down and stopped late. His unorthodox style wouldn't fit well against a high output technician like Kovalev. He's bound to get tagged often.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Kovalev didn't stop Pascal.

Comment

If he stands still at the ropes and lets Kovalev throw a flurry of punches like he did against Bute then he's getting knocked out. If not I see this as a pretty competitive fight, want to see it.

Comment

Froch hits just as hard as Kovalev
                  Where do you morons come from?

Comment

Froch has incredible power, but his shots are often obvious and dont flow as well as Sergey. Basically hes not as good imo. bBut for sheer physical power i think hes about the same. Look what he did to Mack and Bute, and he nearly stopped Kessler.

Take sergeys hook in the second round, yes it was hard, but credic just didnt see it coming. no way could froch have the footwork to carry out the faints to do such a move.
                    Kovalev would knock Mack out with the first solid punch he landed and would stop Bute faster aswell.

He's a much harder puncher than Froch.

Comment

I really want to see this fight because I can see Pascal making Kovalev fight better as this would be a telling fight if he was to win it, which I think he would and yeah to answer the question I do not think it is entirely unbelievable at all that Pascal would fall.

Comment

Working...
                      X