No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe and Bernard Hopkins' resumes are very similar

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Manny Duckman View Post
    I rate Eastman higher than Lacy. Hopkins beat Taylor x2 and Calzaghe in many people's opinions. Associated Press, Yahoo, and ESPN scored the bout 114-113 for Hopkins against Calzaghe
    eastman was a legacy defining win for hopkins.

video courtesy of annie. (add the music back to the danny video , you ****!)

Comment

Originally posted by japrestone View Post
      so who did you think was going to win the lacy fight then?
      me?

i picked calzaghe. like i said, u have to beat somebody to be somebody. even though he was past his best eubank was still game. lacy found all his oponents in the canned goods department at the supermarket. if u pick someone like that u are just guessing. he might be someone, but theres no way to tell. joe we knew was atleast a worthy titlist.

Comment

It's funny because both fighters careers have gone similar ways like both making loads of defenses of their titles, being the underdogs in their biggest fights and winning them in excellent fashion, etc.

I personally think though, that although there careers have panned out similar, Hopkins fought the better level of competition in his career and has the more notable wins on his resume plus what he has been able to do past 40 has been tremendous.

Calzaghe is a great fighter in my mind, but when it's all done and dusted, Hopkins should and will be rated higher than Calzaghe based on the fact he has more notable wins on his resume and he will get alot of credit for being able to fight so effectively into his early 40's.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
          what about pavlik?
          miranda and taylor.

miranda acctually has a better resume than lacy, much better tbh. allan green and howard eastman.

taylor proved he was quality with the way he pushed wright and hopkins. even though i gave hopkins both fights he gave BHop problems, something we had not seen in years at the time. kassim ouma could move up to 168 and beat jeff lacy btw..

also he worked his way up to a shot lie hopkins, even remaining undefeated. not like most ppl who get an easy road.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            its called hype son. who had he beaten to "earn" such credentials?

i mean seriously, just cuz the american hype machine was running full blast doesnt mean i shoudl act liek joe slayed a monster when in reality he beat a slow, one dimensional, average fighter.

i never praise a fighter as the next anything until he proved himself. lacy never did so i aint forgot ****.
            me?

i picked calzaghe. like i said, u have to beat somebody to be somebody. even though he was past his best eubank was still game. lacy found all his oponents in the canned goods department at the supermarket. if u pick someone like that u are just guessing. he might be someone, but theres no way to tell. joe we knew was atleast a worthy titlist.
            If thats true then fair enough...I'm not going to be delusional and say that Calzaghes resume is better than Hopkins' cos it's not...you can pick at things all day to make the fights sound unfair and make his resume look better than his etc...

I don't know why people still do it...
            Why can't people just like both boxers instead of just wanting to hold one boxers penis...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
              eastman was a legacy defining win for hopkins.

video courtesy of annie. (add the music back to the danny video , you ****!)

I love that video.

Comment

Originally posted by Precision View Post
                I love that video.
                it's my 2nd favorite video that annie made.

the danny one was great but they made the **** take the music off.

Comment

Originally posted by japrestone View Post
                  If thats true then fair enough...I'm not going to be delusional and say that Calzaghes resume is better than Hopkins' cos it's not...you can pick at things all day to make the fights sound unfair and make his resume look better than his etc...

I don't know why people still do it...
                  Why can't people just like both boxers instead of just wanting to hold one boxers penis...?
                  i never said joe is a bum. he is a great fighter. i mean even though i thought BHop won, joe gave him one hell of a fight. how could i say hokins is a legend and joe a bum? but i think Hopkins is a step above him as far as legacy goes. i still very much respect jhoes accomplishments. becoming undisputed champ aint easy.

and it is true, i can admit when im wrong. i had cintron to knock out margarito in 5 in their rematch ffs. instead tony ripped cintrons balls of and clubbed him half to death with em.

Comment

Kins is a boxing guru. His record is superior, better opposition and crucially, until he became older and worn, he was untouchable for a decade.

Comment

i never said joe is a bum. he is a great fighter. i mean even though i thought BHop won, joe gave him one hell of a fight. how could i say hokins is a legend and joe a bum? but i think Hopkins is a step above him as far as legacy goes. i still very much respect jhoes accomplishments. becoming undisputed champ aint easy.

and it is true, i can admit when im wrong. i had cintron to knock out margarito in 5 in their rematch ffs. instead tony ripped cintrons balls of and clubbed him half to death with em.
                      ha ha...that he did.

Oh and I never said you said Joe was a bum...my comments weren't aimed at you either, just boxing fans who really are people fans...

I just wanted to know what you thought before the lacy fight

Comment

Working...
                      X