Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if ....

What if this situation were to play out:
    Cotto beats Margarito
    Delahoya beats Mayweather (I know - I said IF)

I know this isn't likely, but what do you think would happen in this situation? Do you think Cotto Vs Delahoya would happen instead of Cotto/Mayweather? Then, wouldn't it make sense for the losers (May/Margs) to face off to get a shot at Cotto?

How do you guys think things would play out?

DLH vs Mayweather 3 will happen instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
      DLH vs Mayweather 3 will happen instead.
      There is that too. However, if I was Oscar and this was my last fight - I think I'd take on Cotto. How awesome would that be for Delahoya's legacy if he beat Mayweather and then Cotto in his last two fights?

Comment

I think Mayweather De La Hoya 3 happens before anything.. let us hope that if don't happen!

Comment

Originally posted by jpeck View Post
          There is that too. However, if I was Oscar and this was my last fight - I think I'd take on Cotto. How awesome would that be for Delahoya's legacy if he beat Mayweather and then Cotto in his last two fights?
          Beating Mayweather twice would be great for his legacy as well and would bring him more money.

I would like to see him fight Cotto if he does beat Mayweather though. But that's a big if.

Comment

Beating Mayweather twice would be great for his legacy as well and would bring him more money.

I would like to see him fight Cotto if he does beat Mayweather though. But that's a big if.
            Unfortunately, I think both of you guys are right. This fight hasn't been officially signed yet, right? I wonder if Mayweather will ask for a rematch clause (if he hasn't already).

Either way - I'm ready for some of the new blood to get a shot. Getting tired of hearing everyone argue about Margarito / Cotto / Mayweather all the time!

Comment

Unfortunately, I think both of you guys are right. This fight hasn't been officially signed yet, right? I wonder if Mayweather will ask for a rematch clause (if he hasn't already).

Either way - I'm ready for some of the new blood to get a shot. Getting tired of hearing everyone argue about Margarito / Cotto / Mayweather all the time!
              Not officially signed yet and I'm pretty sure Mayweather would want a rematch clause but I don't even think he needs one, DLH would agree to fight him a third time in a heartbeat if he wins.

Comment

Not officially signed yet and I'm pretty sure Mayweather would want a rematch clause but I don't even think he needs one, DLH would agree to fight him a third time in a heartbeat if he wins.
                (grasping at straws here) Maybe Delahoya could get options on Cotto's next two or three fights, thus making the fight make sense. Not sure if Bob Arum would go for it or not, just sayin...

Comment

(grasping at straws here) Maybe Delahoya could get options on Cotto's next two or three fights, thus making the fight make sense. Not sure if Bob Arum would go for it or not, just sayin...
                  Arum will not go for that, he had a hard enough time letting GBP have a share in Pacquiao's fights with GBP fighters.

Comment

What if this situation were to play out:
                    Cotto beats Margarito
                    Delahoya beats Mayweather (I know - I said IF)

I know this isn't likely, but what do you think would happen in this situation? Do you think Cotto Vs Delahoya would happen instead of Cotto/Mayweather? Then, wouldn't it make sense for the losers (May/Margs) to face off to get a shot at Cotto?

How do you guys think things would play out?

You follow the money. Oscar would be calling the shots, and he would decide whether he fights Mayweather or Cotto. At that point he'd even have enough juice to force Mayweather to fight Cotto (co-promoted by GBP) to get a shot at him if he wanted to.

Comment

Working...
                    X