No announcement yet.

stewart says peter's heavier handed than wlad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stewart says peter's heavier handed than wlad

strange, i was under the impression that it was completely opposite. jim lampley said it, and emanuel confirmed it. i personally, never looked at peter as a devastating puncher that foreman, tyson, or wlad for that matter were. he is a big burly guy who has heavy hands but clubs alot with his punches and is very clumsy. good puncher but nowhere near those guys. imo very overatted in terms of punching power. and here we got wlad's trainer who's no stranger to peter saying he punches harder than his fighter. i dont know what to make of that? was emanuel bull****ing or just exited about the ko? earlier in his interviews before the ibragimov fight he said that wlad the most devastating one punch ko power since tyson. wtf is the deal?

discuss

hasnt stewie already been proven to be a bit of a nut?
    wlad wins in six.
    peter is a turd!

Comment

If anything I question Peters power more and more everytime he fights.
      Wlad seems to have proven 1 hit KO power.

Comment

Originally posted by blockhead View Post
        hasnt stewie already been proven to be a bit of a nut?
        wlad wins in six.
        peter is a turd!
        yeah but why would he say that still. unless he truly believes that.

Comment

Steward may be building Peter up in hopes of hyping the rematch as a competitive bout, confident that Wlad will likely win.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_prospect View Post
            yeah but why would he say that still. unless he truly believes that.
            here is how it works. if someone is stupid or crazy, they believe stupid or crazy things.
            stewie is a nut, thus he says nutty things like this.
            once again, peter is a turd.

Comment

Originally posted by crazylegs77 View Post
              If anything I question Peters power more and more everytime he fights.
              Wlad seems to have proven 1 hit KO power.
              exactly one right hand and it's light out. wlad is legit. no question.
              but peter spent 24 rounds with a fat james toney and knocked him down with a pit pat jab when toney was out of balance.
              i think that the jeremy williams ko has people extremely exagurating this guy's ability as a one punch ko artist. extremely.

Comment

Peter doesn't have the kind of technique Wladimir has, so while he can be heavier handed, it doesn't necessarily mean he hits harder.
                Wlad's record speaks for itself.

Comment

Steward is very confident that Wlad would beat Peter easily. It's just a way for him to hype up the fight so he can give Wlad a lot of credit for beating such a "dangerous" opponent when the fight is over.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
                    Steward is very confident that Wlad would beat Peter easily. It's just a way for him to hype up the fight so he can give Wlad a lot of credit for beating such a "dangerous" opponent when the fight is over.
                    then the power comparisson was the most biased comment he could come up with. seriously. a guy's power is not something that yu mess with. especially with a proud puncher like wlad. wlad should really be dissapointed in that comment imo. (not nuthugging wlad for his power)
                    Last edited by Boogie Nights; 03-09-2008, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X