No announcement yet.

15 Most Exciting Warriors of the Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Most Exciting Warriors of the Ring

Some were brawlers, others were boxers, all have one thing in common: They're 15 of the most exciting practitioners of the sweet science. They were quintessential crowd-pleasers who generated anticipation and incited passion. When the bell rang for the start of a round, the focus was on the ring without distraction.

If your favorite fighter is not on this list, I meant no slight; when I got the idea for the thread, they were the first 15 to come to mind and I challeged myself to rank them.
    1. Mike Tyson
    2. Jack Dempsey
    3. Roberto Duran
    4. Joe Louis
    5. Muhammad Ali
    6. Sugar Ray Robinson
    7. Aaron Pryor
    8. Jake LaMotta
    9. Michael Spinks
    10. Arturo Gatti
    11. Julio Cesar Chavez
    12. Tommy Hearns
    13. Alexis Arguello
    14. Oscar De La Hoya
    15. Sugar Ray Leonard

Ali had some really boring fights, as did Louis. Or are you ranking them by their good performances only? At their best they were both very exciting and pleasing to watch

The rest are all great picks.

Comment

I don't find fights that are over in one or two rounds particularly exciting sorry. In fact, when I see one I feel ripped off :dunno9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
        Some were brawlers, others were boxers, all have one thing in common: They're 15 of the most exciting practitioners of the sweet science. They were quintessential crowd-pleasers who generated anticipation and incited passion. When the bell rang for the start of a round, the focus was on the ring without distraction.

If your favorite fighter is not on this list, I meant no slight; when I got the idea for the thread, they were the first 15 to come to mind and I challeged myself to rank them.
        1. Mike Tyson
        2. Jack Dempsey
        3. Roberto Duran
        4. Joe Louis
        5. Muhammad Ali
        6. Sugar Ray Robinson
        7. Aaron Pryor
        8. Jake LaMotta
        9. Michael Spinks
        10. Arturo Gatti
        11. Julio Cesar Chavez
        12. Tommy Hearns
        13. Alexis Arguello
        14. Oscar De La Hoya
        15. Sugar Ray Leonard
        I disagree with about half the names , if we're talking who should be and should not be on a top 15...

Comment

exciting fighters go for the knockout and are contantly pressing the action so the first 3 are right on the money. Tyson , Dempsey and a light weight duran came forward with intent of destroying there appoints. Great picks

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
            Exciting fighters go for the knockout and are contantly pressing the action so the first 3 are right on the money. Tyson , Dempsey and a light weight Duran came forward with intent of destroying there oponents. Great picks.
            To the best of my recollection, you're the only one on this forum who shares my philosophical view on boxing. We're in the minority, as most would rather see two guys "feel each other out" for 12 rounds, in order to "get their money's worth."
            Last edited by Panamaniac; 08-28-2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
              I disagree with about half the names , if we're talking who should be and should not be on a top 15...
              Care to say which names you disagree with and which names you'd put in their place?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                I don't find fights that are over in one or two rounds particularly exciting sorry. In fact, when I see one I feel ripped off :dunno9:

Poet
                i know it has nothing at all to do with the thread but thats the exact same way i feel whenever i order an mma ppv in which a majorty of their fights end early...ripped off

Comment

Originally posted by Panamaniac View Post
                  To the best of my recollection, you're the only one on this forum who shares my philosophical view on boxing. We're in the minority, as most would rather see two guys "feel each other out" for 12 rounds, in order to "get their money's worth."
                  Nah, I feel the same way too. I want to see someone knocked out or stopped, whether it's in the first or final round. Other than their big fights, I found Ali and Duran to be rather dull when I got around to watching their career sets. Too much dancing around and holding IMO. I know that might be sacrilege here, but that's my personal opinion. I still think they're great fighters though, just didn't find a lot of their lesser known fights all that exciting.

Comment

You'd be hard pressed to find a.boring Joe Frazier fight.....

Smokin Joe has to be on the list

Comment

Working...
                    X